Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could not locate one, although, I am not the best searcher.:angel:

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, removing my stock ones, and replacing with much stiffer stock shocks. May do tomorrow, I can figure stuff out, just wanted a game plan :D

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Yep, removing my stock ones, and replacing with much stiffer stock shocks. May do tomorrow, I can figure stuff out, just wanted a game plan :D
Granted, the directions that come with most kits pretty much blow, but am I to understand that yours came with none?

Not that hard, though. 'Cept the part where stuff doesn't look like it'll fit and you ending sweating and cussing a lot. :D

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Granted, the directions that come with most kits pretty much blow, but am I to understand that yours came with none?

Not that hard, though. 'Cept the part where stuff doesn't look like it'll fit and you ending sweating and cussing a lot. :D
I haven't opened the box they shipped in Kb, they are the 19/60 Mopars. I would imagine no instructions, ha.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
I haven't opened the box they shipped in Kb, they are the 19/60 Mopars. I would imagine no instructions, ha.
Ah, the fabled Rubi take-offs. If you watch that video that kjeeper posted, you should be good. And the Rubis should be even easier. They're stock for stock...

You know, now that I think of it, daggo posted about his install (he's the guy that first discovered the whole Rubi take-off gimmick, iirc). I seem to recall there was something that was a pain in the butt, till he figured it out.

Could be wrong, there.

Gimme a few minutes. :D Might take more than a few...

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
2012Jeep, the spring swap brought to you from daggo66, circa 2010:

Everything you need to know's on the first page...and all you gotta do is get to the part about him sweating his ass off, pausing to pound a Powerade, then realizing what his mistake was.

Between that, and the video jkeeper posted, you oughta be set.

Good luck with it! :thumb:

Considering a spring swap.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LoL, yep! I got this idea from Daggo! Just hadn't seen anything on remove/install. I guess I need 2 jacks, and 2 jackstands. Looks interesting, hmm. Seems easy on the vid, but who knows if I am upside down.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Did you read the thread in my above post...?

History DOES repeat, but it's often best if you're not the one who does it. Capisce?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you read the thread in my above post...?

History DOES repeat, but it's often best if you're not the one who does it. Capisce?
Ha, yep, got all that now, see Dag's now too.

Thanks Kb and Kj.

I guess I am a good candidate as I have the lowest rate springs. Woohooo!:punk:

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Ha, yep, got all that now, see Dag's now too.

Thanks Kb and Kj.

I guess I am a good candidate as I have the lowest rate springs. Woohooo!:punk:
You should get about 2" outta the stiffer springs, then. Sweet. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The video I posted is great.

Makes it known not to torque the bolts till jeep is on the ground under load.
Very important :)

Watch your brake lines and sensor wires

Take your time and remember vv

SAFETY FIRST <-----
Thanks again guys. I will be safe as I can, I hate getting under cars after seeing my uncle have a tractor axle come down on his hand, luckily only his hand...:nonono: He was using a piston jack that slowly lowered itself under load, then came down fast for that last foot in length. He was using vice grips to tighten that little square nut that holds fluid in:nonono:...My dad was a tractor mechanic, so I hope some of that old experience comes back, ha.

Yep, just checked the front, so my springs are 55/14's jeez, weak. Normal use has lowered the jeep a bit since they are broken in now.

I will be doing shocks as well at same time, only make sense.

Neighbor just told me he has HD floor jack, and ratcheting jackstands, sweet. Going to try to do as much as I can while Jeep is off the ground.

Can you guys think of anything else I should do while down there? upgrade anything, disconnects, stabilizers?

·
Registered
337 Posts
The only thing to be careful of is to watch your brake lines after you disconnect the sway bars. To get my coils in the back, we had to push down on the axle which tightened those brake lines up real quick. Shouldn't be a problem if you jus t watch for it.
Thanks again guys. I will be safe as I can, I hate getting under cars after seeing my uncle have a tractor axle come down on his hand, luckily only his hand...:nonono: He was using a piston jack that slowly lowered itself under load, then came down fast for that last foot in length. He was using vice grips to tighten that little square nut that holds fluid in:nonono:...My dad was a tractor mechanic, so I hope some of that old experience comes back, ha.

Yep, just checked the front, so my springs are 55/14's jeez, weak. Normal used has lowered the jeep a bit since they are broken in now.

Neighbor just told me he has HD floor jack, and ratcheting jackstands, sweet. Going to try to do as much as I can while Jeep is off the ground.

Can you guys think of anything else I should do while down there? upgrade anything, disconnects, stabilizers?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:doh:Hah, I think we cross posted regarding same thing

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
New2012JEEP said:

Yep, just checked the front, so my springs are 55/14's jeez, weak. Normal used has lowered the jeep a bit since they are broken in now.

Neh... You good.
Always things to upgrade later on. You doing this ASAP correct?

You might have to recenter your steering.
I'm not sure of this, with a "factory" upgrade. Drive it and if your traction control light goes nuts, you might have to do so. Very easy regardless :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Funny, I think we did cross post but it's probably worth mentioning twice.

I'll also second on the steering. Mine didn't need much and we adjust the drag before even driving it. Took it out and dead straight!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well sweet, just measured center fender to floor, 36 3/4" all the way around. Excited to see what it changes too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts