Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Does anyone out here have any experience with a Rampage Trailview Tonneau Soft Top (Black) - 990135? I can’t find any reviews on it. Either buying on for yourself or installing for someone else?

If you have were there any issues during installation? Any complaints? Do you love it? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For reference: https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/rampage-trailview-tonneau-soft-top-black-990135/_/R-CLSG-990135

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I couldn't find any real helpful reviews or info on any of the rampage tops when I was looking for a soft top a couple months ago. After alot of searching for reviews, I gave up and bought the bestop trektop nx.

Sent from somewhere in Missouri

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rampage JKU4 Trailview Tonneau Top

I have one of these tops. Let me start by saying I'm a 5th generation jeep owner (cj, yj, 3 tj's, 2 jk's, jl) so I've dealt with a lot of tops over the years. This is by far the best and easiest top I've ever owned. Installation is simple but tedious cause you have to put everything together. And when they say do it on a warm day, lay top flat in the sun, they mean it. I did not wait for a warm day and paid for it. The back window piece that wraps around the back seat is the pain in the ass if it's not warm enough and won't stretch. Next time I'd leave it in the sun for 2-3 hours. But once it's in, it's in. Paired with a cargo rack from SUNTOP, this is a top you never have to fuss with. No windows to take out. (only window it has unzips and folds down) The front flips open and closes for the front seats with such ease in nano seconds and you can unhook the rear and fold it under the front section for the rear seats if you wish. Holds heat in on chilly days, less noisy than I would have thought on the highway, and when the rear window is down, air flows through like there's no top on at all. You will get the odd leak in cargo area on heavy rain days and the anti pool bar for the cargo area is not enough to stop the pool. If it's going to rain, park facing up hill or make sure you can go forward when starting out. Also, when the front section is closed, there's two overhead pockets which are so handy and you'll use them all the time until you're on the highway and its open and your smokes are in there and now can't get them unless you pull over. :cool:
The major problem I have is I traded the JK for a JL and there's no way it fits. Gotta wait for Rampage to make a JLU4 version, which they said is in the works, cause there is no other top I want to use.

Hope this was helpful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts