Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any fabricators down here in LA? Lookin to see how much it would be for someone to make a front bumper. Let me know! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Any fabricators down here in LA? Lookin to see how much it would be for someone to make a front bumper. Let me know! Thanks!

I talked to my fabricator pal and asked him for a price range on a custom built front bumper. He said (and I quote) "Between $200 and $200,000, depending on what you want, but that is just an estimate."

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Not too sure what such a bumper may look like, but I'm guessing it would be a "One of a Kind" complete with ALL the bells and whistles! Right??

It would be a shame to "BUMP" it on anything

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hahahahaha. 200k on a bumper, i think ill pass :p
but for 200... now thats a deal. Guessing steel and pretty generic. I just want something that would have the fog holes, bar (not a stinger), a winch plate, and thats mid width. Ive seen some that look pretty durable and are about 300. not sure about fitment tho...

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
go to the long beach jeep meet. There's a fabricator there that's been fabbing up stuff for locals ... I believe socaltrailrider knows his info.
good thing im going :) i'll hit him up a couple days before next friday. thanks bud

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
hahahahaha. 200k on a bumper, i think ill pass :p
but for 200... now thats a deal. Guessing steel and pretty generic. I just want something that would have the fog holes, bar (not a stinger), a winch plate, and thats mid width. Ive seen some that look pretty durable and are about 300. not sure about fitment tho...

Not sure, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out the $200 one had been a railroad tie in a previous life.............
You could probably use a circular saw to make room for lights though! LOL

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not sure, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out the $200 one had been a railroad tie in a previous life.............
You could probably use a circular saw to make room for lights though! LOL
lol ghetto holes!

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
What are you looking for in a bumper that you need fabbed?
Is there something specific you need that isn't already on the market?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nothing special. Would rather support local shops and have something basic. Plus if I have a problem with it, they are local

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You might need to line those holes with some aluminum foil, for reflectors.
and stick the foil to the bumper with bubblegum?

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
What are you looking for in a bumper that you need fabbed?
Is there something specific you need that isn't already on the market?
Nothing special. Would rather support local shops and have something basic. Plus if I have a problem with it, they are local
Also not sure why you would pay for one to be fabbed when you can just buy one. There are quite a few shops in Socal that make their own bumpers: Genright, PSC, Savvy, Evo to name a few.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Also not sure why you would pay for one to be fabbed when you can just buy one. There are quite a few shops in Socal that make their own bumpers: Genright, PSC, Savvy, Evo to name a few.
thanks, ill check them out!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts