Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, a dumb questions.....I have a Hard Rock with the 'enhanced' rock rails that are not really wide enough to use as a step, plus they are only body mounted and I want frame mounted.

So I am looking at frame mounted rock rail/step options that will either allow me to keep the stock HR rock rails or cover the ugly pinch seam if I have to remove the factory HR rails.

After looking most seem to work with the standard Rubicon rock rails (not the HR version), leave the pinch seam exposed or are to narrow to actually use as a step.

So what has anyone found that are frame mounted, give good protection, cover the pinch seam and are actually usable as a step and not hang to low?

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
I am looking at Motobilt. Theirs looks like they will cover the pinch seam.

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
I use a Bushwacker sill plate with Frame mounted Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
I went through this same thing with a set of Rubi rails i ordered for my first Jeep. Initially i added the Ace Rock sliders over the Rubi Rails. Problem with that is clearance. i didn't/don't have a hi lifted Jeep so real state down there for me can be problematic when trying to keep Mall crawling to a min :) though both are DD's so i have to combine streetability with weekend fun in the same Jeep.

20160911_162111 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

20160828_143057 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

20160828_120752 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

I ditched that setup and went with the Rock Hard rock sliders. Not frame mounted but can take a beating better than the Rubi Rail + Ace rock slider setup, never had any issues with them, weight a lot less, and have better clearance down there.
20170203_125545 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

20170513_120630 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

34663104285_f47699b3b8_o by RAM RSM, on Flickr

Got the same rock sliders on my 2nd Jeep
20210814_162714 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

2021-09-18_05-58-20 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
I ordered the Motobilt yesterday. I will let y'all know what I think once they come in, get fitted, painted, and installed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.