Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I',m about to purchase a 2006 Unlimited Rubicon with a automatic tranny. Jeep has 41,000 miles and looks like most if not all highway miles. Any thing I should be on the look out for or need to check? I'v had a 89 and 90 Wrangler and a Diesel tech by trade so know how everything should work.
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got one earlier this year and all that has happened to me is the shift cable came apart at the pawl on the transmission,(plastic) a drill and bolt fixed it fine.A great rig can't wait to really get working again and dump some money in it!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have a fairly modded 05 LJ, I religiously beat the hell out of it and the only issues I've had were at 20k the water pump went when it was still stock and the rear diff seal has always had a slight weep.

It's got 53,000 now. Been on 37's since 25,000 and no issues

Enjoy

·
Registered
33 Posts
Lj

:punk:Iam almost 60 and I have had jeeps off and on for many years. I purchased a 2006 LJ in March of 10... I am so happy with it. I have a teraflex 3" enduro lift that I did most of the work on.. hard work so if you have a mechanic or jeep shop you trust let them do it. I have 33's and MT classic II rims with the tera flex sway bar and teraflex underarmor and a 1" bodylift. Soon (1 week) I'll be putting on ROKMEN Sliders. I love the ride but would like to get rid of the tire growl. There were no LJ Rubi's in this area when I wanted to buy So just went with a Sahara that had 18000 mi and I paid$18000 out the door CASH and it was only 10 Mi from my house

i

1 - 5 of 5 Posts