Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving down the road and noticed one of the little rubber bumpers, on the top of the hood that the windshield rests on when folded down, was falling out.

These bumpers are cheaply made and are apparently only held in by friction. The little nubs on the underside don't seem to have any postive type of engagement with the bottom surface of the hood. The bumpers just pull out with a gentle tug even after trying to push the little nubs out with a screw driver in an attempt to get some kind of positive latching action to occur on the backside of the hood. POS really.

Anyone loose one?

Any properly designed replacements on the market?

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
I was driving down the road and noticed one of the little rubber bumpers, on the top of the hood that the windshield rests on when folded down, was falling out.

These bumpers are cheaply made and are apparently only held in by friction. The little nubs on the underside don't seem to have any postive type of engagement with the bottom surface of the hood. The bumpers just pull out with a gentle tug even after trying to push the little nubs out with a screw driver in an attempt to get some kind of positive latching action to occur on the backside of the hood. POS really.

Anyone loose one?

Any properly designed replacements on the market?
I think your are defective, or are not installed correctly.

Mine are not going anywhere... I've taken mine out, replaced them with plugs, got tired of the plugs, and put the bumpers back in....they are solid.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Mine have nuts under the hood...

And I don;t think Mark meant that "you are defective" I think he meant your bumpers are:rofl:

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
LOL.....yeah....that was supposed to be "yours"...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts