Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Under hood near firewall, grounded to firewall. Is this stock?

thanks,
db944

Attachments

·
Registered
693 Posts
Check out this sticky thread: A better way to get help when posting on the technical forum...

There is basic vehicle information the members here need to be able to better help you:

• Year
  • Engine size
  • Whether carbed/throttle body injection/multi-port injection
  • Transmission
Post that information up, and I'm sure someone who knows if that part is stock will be happy to chime in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
95 Wrangler YJ 2.5 5 spd. Thought all that was in my profile. Will edit right now.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Good. FWIW, I don't think everyone here bothers to check profile info because all too often that info isn't there. It's even more bothersome when the site is running slow to have a hang up in the page loading to only find you waited to get nothing. So just be sure to post up the basic info on your vehicle when you post your question.

Now, I don't have the knowledge of the 2.5L to tell you if that relay is stock, but this post will bump your question for the 2.5L crowd. Maybe if you can provide a pic of where it was mounted, that could provide another clue.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Not a stock relay stock relays are in the distribution block by the battery. The only way to know is to trace where the wires go.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mystery solved. This is for dealer installed A/C. I tidied up the harness and mounted the relay to the firewall so it wasn't just hanging there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts