Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just have my first wrangler unlimited 2010, and notice that there is no cover at gas door. :(

Any idea to have a cover on it? please share...

Thanks!

·
Administrator
30,775 Posts
4wheelparts.com or quadratec.com. they sell them just about anyplace that carries Jeep parts

Oops almost forgot: Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys for the replies! :)

I am wondering if any one happens to have similar concern as me... or get the cover installed already.

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
What's your concern? If it's someone stealing gas, those doors won't prevent anything. Get a locking cap.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Just have my first wrangler unlimited 2010, and notice that there is no cover at gas door. :(

Thanks!
If you lived where is snowed a lot a cover would be useful, but down South you don't need a cover, just buy a locking gas cap!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any recommend on lock cap?

I concern that anyone will be able to open the cap so easily...:doh:

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:eek: It doesn't matter what you do to your gas tank cap/door-

All they do nowadays is get under, drill hole (plastic tank) and drain gas into marine gas cans !!:zap:

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

·
Administrator
30,775 Posts
I actually have the locking fuel door on mine. Like it or not, if you remember that little "Hurricane Katrina" thing, there was no gas to be found here unless it was already in someone's tank and at over $4.00/gal, I wasn't ready to be giving mine away. I bought the full door instead of just the locking cap because I also hated cleaning the mud, dust and dirt out of the area around the cap.

039.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I actually have the locking fuel door on mine. Like it or not, if you remember that little "Hurricane Katrina" thing, there was no gas to be found here unless it was already in someone's tank and at over $4.00/gal, I wasn't ready to be giving mine away. I bought the full door instead of just the locking cap because I also hated cleaning the mud, dust and dirt out of the area around the cap.

View attachment 21820
This looks nice! I like it!

·
Registered
463 Posts
I have the chrome one that comes with the Limited package if chrome appeals to you:

·
Registered
8,968 Posts

Thanks!
I like the Mopar door the best and went with that on my 10 Rubi along with a Mopar locking gas cap. It will not really stop anyone from stealing gas if they want to, but it doesn't seem like that is too common anyway, but what it will do is stop a kid from putting something in there. They are at perfect kid height. I recommend that you at least get a locking cap.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Welcome!
I bought the black model similar to that Pdubois is showing, for both of my JK's. I have one locking and one that is not. They are the Rugged Ridge stainless in black. The thing I like is that the gas cap is always clean and free of mud and dust. With these, there is also a magnet that holds the cover closed. So, I don't have to lock it unless I want to. I wish I had gotten both with the lock. The aluminum cover on my TJ does not have the magnets so it is always a pain to lock, just to keep it from opening.
Let me know if I can get you more info.
Again, welcome.
Jim

·
Registered
722 Posts
Welcome!
I bought the black model similar to that Pdubois is showing, for both of my JK's. I have one locking and one that is not. They are the Rugged Ridge stainless in black. The thing I like is that the gas cap is always clean and free of mud and dust. With these, there is also a magnet that holds the cover closed. So, I don't have to lock it unless I want to. I wish I had gotten both with the lock. The aluminum cover on my TJ does not have the magnets so it is always a pain to lock, just to keep it from opening.
Let me know if I can get you more info.
Again, welcome.
Jim
Same one I have, the Locking version! Easy install with 4 Self-Tapping Screws, and works great for my needs.

Best of Luck!

Cheers!

BB

1 - 20 of 27 Posts