Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to run 37" tires. Any issues with steering joints or drive line joints?

Also what brands to look at, I'm currently running MT MTZ, but looking at goodyear with Kevlar, BF Goodrich, nitto trail grappler???

Also i am running 4.56 gears, plan to go to 4.88. I do have upgraded Yukon axle shafts and don't do any heavy offloading, nothing major.. More for looks and because I have plenty of fender room, my 35's look kinda small :(

·
Banned
613 Posts
Take a look at PitBull tires before you buy

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Good luck on stock axles. the Dana 30 up front will eat unit bearings, brakes, shafts, ball joints and might even bend the housing. the 44 out back wont fair a whole lot better long term.

Drop the damn rig 6 inches of lift is kinda tall. tummy tuck it run some 2 or 3in springs with a highlined hood and fenders

·
Banned
613 Posts
Upgrade your brakes before you tailgate me

·
Registered
30 Posts
Good luck on stock axles. the Dana 30 up front will eat unit bearings, brakes, shafts, ball joints and might even bend the housing. the 44 out back wont fair a whole lot better long term.

Drop the damn rig 6 inches of lift is kinda tall. tummy tuck it run some 2 or 3in springs with a highlined hood and fenders
That's assuming he's got a 44 out back. If he's got a dana 35 like most TJ's, then best of luck to you, and you won't find anybody who actually recommends doing it. I thrashed the spider gears on my Dana 35 with only 33s and wasn't willing to spend another dime on it, went for the Ford 8.8 which I'd still want a new carrier inside of before going to 37s. Plus 35s are about the max for a Dana 30 in front, before you really start having issues. Plenty of people have had goals of 37's, but 33s-35s are the standard limit before you dump a lot more money into both axles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts