Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone. I have put 30"s on my '93, 4-banger YJ. The tires make a bit of contact with the car when turning -not terribly annoying. However I saw in QUADRATECH a simple kit to lift the car 1". The kit consists of bushings and some other, ancillary items -no springs or other major replacements.
Will I be OK If I were to install those? Do I need to worry about any components getting out of alignment on account of the lift.

Thank you all guys.

Frank Fletez
'07 Commander
'87 560SL
'93 4-banger YJ

·
Registered
22 Posts
so how does this lift work? is it a body lift or a shackle lift or??

·
Registered
22 Posts
a 1" body lift if fine.i would start using pb blaster on all the body bolts as soon as possible. keep soaking them for at least a month and then start doing the job. if your lucky they'll come out with out a problem if not prepare for some fun.:banghead: i kept soaking mine for 2 months and when i went to do it they all came out without a problem. good luck.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
The 1" BL kits I have looked at for the YJ involve adding a section (welded) to the transfer case shifter. No other issues.​

·
Registered
22 Posts
the kit i got was a daystar. it didn't require any welding of any sort.just remove the old body mount,reused the old sleeve and install the new.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts