Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife wants to trade in / sell off her Grand Cherokee and buy a Patriot. We've had no issues with the WJ, we simply need more back seat leg room for our tall kids. Patriot has 4 more inches than her Grand (according to Edmunds.)

My concern is the engine; how is the 2.4L I4? Seems to be the only option.

Any other issues with them?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I am always impressed by the Patriot, although the seats are maybe a bit soft there is plenty of room in the rear. The trick here is that the floor is very low so it feels great.

Nice 'cars' and shoot above their weight for considering press reputation and cost.

Not great if you like to really push on, needs to kick down and rev a bit over 70mph.
The later 6speed transmission ones are generally better but the CVT isnt so bad especially for a town car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If I were you, I would consider another option. The Patriot is being discontinued along with its sister, the Compass. It seems a new model is projected that would be a combination of the two.

If you have your heart set on a Patriot, just keep this in mind.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am always impressed by the Patriot, although the seats are maybe a bit soft there is plenty of room in the rear. The trick here is that the floor is very low so it feels great.

Nice 'cars' and shoot above their weight for considering press reputation and cost.

Not great if you like to really push on, needs to kick down and rev a bit over 70mph.
The later 6speed transmission ones are generally better but the CVT isnt so bad especially for a town car.
Good to know; the Patriot seems to get mediocre critic reviews, and I only know one person that actually owns one. He didn't have anything negative to say.

If I were you, I would consider another option. The Patriot is being discontinued along with its sister, the Compass. It seems a new model is projected that would be a combination of the two.

If you have your heart set on a Patriot, just keep this in mind.
We won't be buying a brand new one; thousands of dollars less for a used 2014. You know how it goes.... What is the concern with buy buying a model that is being discontinued?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts