Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Hey there, I'm a TJ owner but I'm pretty sure that the stock JK tires on the rubicon work out to be 32's. Do a little searching because I think you can fit 33's without a problem.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think they are about 32
thing is, im rollin the steelie 16 (29") and it looks like crap
i have an auto w/3.21 gears
so i want a little wider stance - going with mb72's, but dont want to lose out any more power by going with a larger wheel
so i figured a 31 in a 10.5 on the mb might look decent and not drain any further power from the wheels

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I hear you, so you have the smallest size tire from the factory. Wish I knew more to help you out. You might want to ask in the JK section if you haven't already...good luck

·
Registered
356 Posts
Not sure how big these tires are in height (32s, 33s etc), but they are 325 60 18s.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Sorry to break it to you, but you will feel a difference

in power with any wheel/tire combo you put on there that is bigger than the pathetic stock 225's. The 31x10.5 works out to 245/74/16 if I'm not mistaken.

I also have the pathetic 3.21's, and when I switched to 32's (265/75/16) it was a noticable loss of power. Looks wise, I am very happy with the 32's, you could also go 33's without much more power loss.

Sadly, the only thing we can do to improve this is regear or buy a different JK. I firmly believe Jeep engineers should be forced to drive a Jeep with 3.21's for a year, then maybe they would start out with 3.73's for every one.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
looks like im going to with the mb72 n 31x10.5's for now
these steelies are embarasing

ill save up some cash and in a couple years, ill upgrade to 33's, a 2" lift and a regear in one shot

·
Registered
909 Posts
I run 265/75/16 on my JKU. Sorry it's not a JK.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Go with a 32 Duratrac. Lighter tire

im going to assume lighter than the 33 for obvious reasons? lol

the 32 dura, i cant find it listed...whats the listed tire size on those?

---------------------------------

chrism, thanks for the pic, it does give me slight idea of what to expect

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
mnikc said:
im going to assume lighter than the 33 for obvious reasons? lol

the 32 dura, i cant find it listed...whats the listed tire size on those?

---------------------------------

chrism, thanks for the pic, it does give me slight idea of what to expect
The 33x15 with an alloy wheel is lighter than the stock 32x17 on the Rubi.

So I would imagine a 32" DT would work well for you. Not sure what the stock 16" weighs?.

Here is the chart

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So I would imagine a 32" DT would work well for you. Not sure what the stock 16" weighs?.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

no worries on the 16" rim weight...once i make up my mind on the size of tire (31" vs 33") - im getting 15" w/them

i know in the long run, its cheaper to just get the 33's now and then the regear /lift later, instead of the 31's now then the 33's/lift/regear later...

i just really, REALLY dont want to lose more power than need be until the regear is done

(if it adds to anything, dont think i mentioned it - but its a 2012/auto)

·
Registered
646 Posts
32 inch Duratrac are 265/75/16's.

I have them with American Racing Baja's as my summer wheels. Big difference in power between them and stockers. Not sure of weight vs stockers, but you are pushing a much bigger tire down the road.

Also have 265/75/16 Cooper ATR's as winter tires (thanks Namasste) on stock steel wheels which have been PlastiDipped. Just put them on about a month ago. Major difference in power as well.

Would I trade the look and feel of the 32's for the stockers?

Not a chance.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Pics of 32's, take off 1 inch and you'll have 31's

Duratracs:

Cooper Discoverer ATR's:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Duratracs:

Cooper Discoverer ATR's:

in regards to "taking off an inch" to get 31's...in terms of a visual...would it be safe to say to "remove" a 1/2 inch from the top & 1/2 inch from the bottom (basically remove 1/2" from the circumference
since a 1/2 on the top and 1/2 onthe bottom would make up that 1"?)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts