Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
I can't help you, but can you go 4 wheeling north of the ferry @ Gardiner? We've snowmobiled up to Fraserdale a few times crossing the river @ the ice bridge. North of there it looks like quite the area to explore w/ the old logging roads. Mind you I think north of the rail crossing most of the trees look to be spruce, so I imagine that would be impassable during the summer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually have no idea, Im sure you could but you might need a winch and a buddy because of the Muskeg. Tons of little ponds up there too. Makes me want to go try now haha :p

·
Registered
452 Posts
I actually have no idea, Im sure you could but you might need a winch and a buddy because of the Muskeg. Tons of little ponds up there too. Makes me want to go try now haha :p
Yeah, I kind of figured where there spruce was it would be muskeg (I couldn't think of the word when I replied).

Garmin's Topo Canada software shows a lot of dry weather roads north & east of the end of Hwy 579. Another neat trip would be taking the old CN railbed to La Reine in Quebec. We rode from Amos Quebec via La Sarre to Cochrane 1 day several years ago. Riding along gives you an idea how big Lake Abitibi is.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, the East highway has a bunch of muddy roads in the summer. Sonar Road is usually a huge mid pit and a bunch of us like to go wheeling in there most days in the summer. Too bad Im the only jeep though :/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts