Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at max capacity on those two holes by the rear view mirrors on either size. I need to get some additional wires through to the cabin, any other easy to access holes I can route some cables through? If I'm outta options, is it safe to drill a new hole? How do people combat this problem?

2017 jku here if that helps

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I'm at max capacity on those two holes by the rear view mirrors on either size. I need to get some additional wires through to the cabin, any other easy to access holes I can route some cables through? If I'm outta options, is it safe to drill a new hole? How do people combat this problem?

2017 jku here if that helps

Have you used the hole in firewall on drivers side. It seems like theres a hole there that I ran spod wire through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
There is a hole behind the battery. Pull the insulation forward to access it. Comes through behind the glove box.

·
Registered
2016 Wrangler JKU sport.
1,056 Posts
I did this to get my 8 gauge wire to battery from my subwoofer amp. You can actually do this and use silicone to seal the wire into the hole. Took me about 5 mins to get the wire through and close it up.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a hole behind the battery. Pull the insulation forward to access it. Comes through behind the glove box.
Thanks, I'll search for this one. I always heard of this legendary hole but wasn't bold enough at the time to search for it.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Thanks, I'll search for this one. I always heard of this legendary hole but wasn't bold enough at the time to search for it.
Feed the wire down on an angle. be aware that it might go behind the carpet.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Just below the brake booster there is a soft membrane (likely where the clutch rod goes through for the manual) it’s a large enough hole to put a plug through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
194 Posts
Just below the brake booster there is a soft membrane (likely where the clutch rod goes through for the manual) it’s a large enough hole to put a plug through.
I used that hole for the control wires for my aux braking system I use when towing the Jeep.Just poke a hole in the membrane.

You can also just drill a new hole, just be careful. I had to drill a new hole for a cable to attach to my brake pedal when I changed brake system. No big deal, even for a klutz like me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts