Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to put sum true size 33" tires on my YJ like swampers or nitto mud grappler, or just go straight to 35"s",..most tire sizes fall short by about an inch of there claimed heights/sizes!?!,..the kumho kl71's i run are 33" (actual= 32.3"!)..we need a good tire height to raise our axles up for the ground clearance!! we only need the suspension lift to give us the room for the bigger tires to flex. AEV can put 37" on a 2.5" LIFT!!!!. i love the look on 35"s...lets see ur rigs guys :D

·
Registered
513 Posts
heres mine s.o.a. on 35s 2in shackle lift

Attachments

·
Registered
513 Posts
yeah tires are pretty tight im gettin ready to put 2in lift springs on then probly look for a wheel with a better backspace . oh and im on stock axles with 4.56 gears

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mine is sittin on 4.5" RUBICON XD..1" BL...my gears are 3.55..but she drives strong on the highway (has afew performance mods too) ive cut my flares and fenders..i have the room for 35"s how do u find urs as a daily driver?

·
Registered
513 Posts
well the rear is locked and i get tired of shiftin so i dont drive it too much at 55 it runs about dead on 2000 rpm so it gets pretty good gas mileage

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my rear is locked too (powertrax),.and i think mine sits at around 2400 rpms at 65mph!...so i guess thats not to bad! but thats on 33"..lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
birtydugger said:
I'm looking to put sum true size 33" tires on my YJ like swampers or nitto mud grappler, or just go straight to 35"s",..most tire sizes fall short by about an inch of there claimed heights/sizes!?!,..the kumho kl71's i run are 33" (actual= 32.3"!)..we need a good tire height to raise our axles up for the ground clearance!! we only need the suspension lift to give us the room for the bigger tires to flex. AEV can put 37" on a 2.5" LIFT!!!!. i love the look on 35"s...lets see ur rigs guys :D
I have the only true 33 s on my TJ 4 in lift Super Swamper ssr 15/10 in rim they ride awesome

·
Registered
541 Posts
i just bought a set of 35" km2s which are true 35" tire. i have 4" rough country suspension installed. the tires didnt come yet but when they do im throwing 2" lift shackles i have on for clearance and i cut my fenders for extra room. ill throw some pics when everythings done

Overall dia 33.4 on those SSRs 33/12-50/15
i dont think he wants tj pics..jus sayin

·
Registered
44 Posts
cpisani89 said:
i just bought a set of 35" km2s which are true 35" tire. i have 4" rough country suspension installed. the tires didnt come yet but when they do im throwing 2" lift shackles i have on for clearance and i cut my fenders for extra room. ill throw some pics when everythings done

i dont think he wants tj pics..jus sayin
Ok! Chief...

·
Registered
541 Posts
Those 35 km2's are 34.8 to be exact...
oh and i wasnt trying to be a dick, but i figured he wanted to see yjs since we have leafs all around as opposed to coils on tjs, and are they really? hmm i guess quadratecs chart is off.

·
Registered
402 Posts
You know you can play around with tire height by the width of the wheel right?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hi guys,..UK time difference's delays my answers abit,.sorry!..love the pix JLONG ur TJ looks well balanced on the swappers and a good size love them tires!!..im looking forward to seeing how CPISANI89's YJ looks on the KM2 35"'s!!..but why the 2" shackles cpisani!??...wouldnt a 1.25" JKS BODY LIFT be better?..I have 1/4" BOOMERANGS on mine and a 1" bl,.and they dont affect look or clearance at all..steering stays firm too which can get sloppy on big shackles!'

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
....im thinking u mean a wider wheel will shorten the ride height alittle?..if so...i think it may be true...but my tires are on a 15x8" rim and it rounds off the sidewall abit more than my mates 15x10" rim that just makes his tire look abit wider/squarer looking, but next to eachother they look same height still

1 - 20 of 28 Posts