Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I recently purchased the JK DualSport SC suspension 3.5''/4.5'' suspension lift for my 2013 2 door rubicon. I have 35x12.5'' BF goodrich KOs and I just don't like the way it looks, to me its lifted a little too high.

My question here, is there a way for me to lower the lift by an inch or so? I want to take it back to the shop and get it lowered if its possible. If not, I will buy a new lift. Was considering maybe the 2.5 lift from AEV?

Heres the link to the current lift I have now on my jeep:
American Expedition Vehicles - Brute Kit, V8 HEMI, Aftermarket Jeep Conversions, Products, Wheels, Accessories and Highline Kits for Jeeps (TJ, JK, WK, XK).

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
IMO, from an appearance perspective the 3.5" lift is a perfect match for 35" tires so if you have the AEV 4.5" coils (which do look to tall on 35s) you can literally just order a set of 3.5" coils from AEV. I made the exact opposite change. If you have the 3.5" kit then it will be more involved because the brackets and high steer kit will need to be replaced/removed. You can try some 3" coils from TF, OME or Evo which will impact the dynamic response of your Jeep but the limiting factor will be high steer kit.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
In addition to going down to the 3.5 springs if you can splurge on the bumpers and winch it will drop that suspension down a bit. I thought my 2.5 was perfect until I added those items now I may add spacers to make up for the loss. A little different set up than yours but if gives you a idea.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,506 Posts
can you just swap the coils? do you have all 8 arms ?
It's an AEV with drop brackets... Should be able to just drop the coil length an inch and go.

·
Super Moderator
14,506 Posts
DUH!!!

The drag link is flipped also. He would have to revert to stock.
If he's at the 4.5 and just goes to 3.5 he can leave the flip, right?

EDIT: to clarify, I don't know which coils he has...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you all for the responses, so what would be my best option? I don't know exactly what I need to do to get done. It is the AEV lift, with 4.5". I would love to drop an inch to 3.5 on the front and back. Do i just swap the springs? If so, do I need to purchase 3.5" springs? And how many?

Thanks!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And about the coils, I honestly don't know. I took my jeep to a guy that we know who put the lift on for me. All i know is that he put 4.5 inches on and I just want to go down to 3.5.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts