Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone experienced any problems after installing a spacer lift?

I am considering either a 1.75" front / .75" rear, or a 2" front / 1" rear set. But I don't want to set myself up for issues down the road either.

·
Registered
625 Posts
small spacer lift like that one you shouldn't have any issues. I've read that anything under 2" doesn't cause the problems that the bigger lifts do...like Axle centering or alignment problems. I was planning on going with the Teraflex kit when I pick mine up, mostly to prevent any warranty issues from emptying my wallet.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I have a 2" AEV lift and no issues. handles great and easily fits 34's with no rubbing even at max flex.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
That is the beauty of moderate spacer lifts: low cost, easy to install, minimum ramifications.

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
Anyone experienced any problems after installing a spacer lift?

I am considering either a 1.75" front / .75" rear, or a 2" front / 1" rear set. But I don't want to set myself up for issues down the road either.
Are you planning on flexing the Jeep? With 2" up front you may max out the shock when drooping the suspension. You could always add in Shock Extenders to get the most flex without damaging your shocks. Let me know if you have any questions!

-Ryan

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have a 2 1/2" hockey puck spacer lift on my '14 JK running 35's with stock shocks and have had zero issues over the 4 mos. period.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts