Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the issue of their washer fluid hose popping off when pressure is applied to wash the rear window? I am curious if anyone has a quick fix for securing the hose to keep it from popping off and spraying the entire inside of the vehicle. Anything I can think of there is not enough room to fasten it, and I still want it to be a quick disconnect for easy removal of the top.

·
Hardcore Jeeper
3,320 Posts
small hose clamp

·
Founder, ThumbJeeps
4,062 Posts
^ haha... my two thoughts exactly. Either a small hose clamp or a small zip strip pulled tight w/plyers.

Or, is there enough were you can cut 1/2" off the end and get a fresh start so its not wore out?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Does anyone have the issue of their washer fluid hose popping off when pressure is applied to wash the rear window? I am curious if anyone has a quick fix for securing the hose to keep it from popping off and spraying the entire inside of the vehicle. Anything I can think of there is not enough room to fasten it, and I still want it to be a quick disconnect for easy removal of the top.
It's funny I have the opposite problem with mine. I have to use pliers to squeeze the tabs together to get it to come apart when removing the hard top.

·
Registered
571 Posts
my 2007 had a similar problem. it would come off occasionally. i solved it by buying a 2012:whistling:. but its probably cheaper with a small zip tie or clamp.

cass :wavey:

·
Hardcore Jeeper
3,320 Posts
You could also try one of the constant tension hose clamps the kind that you don't tighten with a screw driver, you just squeeze the two sides together to open it and let go to close it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Agree -

That was exactly my justification for ordering the new 2012. Darn rear washer hose kept coming off and hosing-down the rear cargo area on the 2007. I did try wrapping a short piece of stainless safety wire around the hose then twisting it tight which worked quite well. Excited about the new BFG which should be here next week!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will try cutting it off to start with, if that doesnt work I think I will try the constant tension clamp. I can't get a hose clamp in there and a zip tie is a good idea but very hard to get off once it is really tight. Thanks for the ideas!

-wave-

1 - 9 of 9 Posts