Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at different wheel options, and figured that started liking the solid wheel look. Before I spend too much time looking looking around, I wanted to see if anyone could give me technical/functional pros and cons of the solid wheels.

I do live in the Midwest so they will be exposed to winter and road salt.

https://www.blackrhinowheels.com/off-road-wheels-rims-armory.php

·
Registered
66 Posts
Not sure what size tire you are planning to run or if your state has laws regarding tires outside of fenders but 9.5 is a wide wheel.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My stat does not have any laws regarding how far the tire can extend past the fender.

Wheel width wise, I am using that link as an example of what I am calling a solid one piece wheel (I am not sure if there is a official term for it).

Tire wise I am planning on a 35x12.5 and maybe some day a 37x12.5 (however I do not see my self needing 37s for anything that I plan to be doing).

·
Registered
528 Posts
Look great, but those bolts are going to be a bitch to keep clean?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is a good point. I think that most of the ones that I have seen and liked had the bolts going around them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had Solid alum wheels on a Bronco, I liked them. Maybe a bit heavier than spoked style. You loose some brake cooling, but probably something you’ll never notice. Big advantage is the wheels stay much cleaner, no brake dust.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts