Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my '16 Rubicon today. LOVE everything about it, but my daughter literally can't get in without help. I don't like how side steps look, but it looks like I don't have a choice. I'm going to pick up grab handles tomorrow, but I doubt she will be able to reach those (just turned 8).

Any suggestions or other ideas?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I went with the Smittybilt 76633 SRC side steps, as they're both side steps and rock rails. I needed some sort of step on my Jeep, as I have short legs, and my wife has a bum knee.

I have been pretty pleased with them over all.

Exco

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
TnT Customs w/boat sails :worthy::worthy::worthy:
Came here to say this, you can skip the boat sides though unless you plan to do rock krawling. 2 things about them, they are shipped in bare steel so you need to have them coated (had mine Line-X'd $200) and you drill and bolt into the frame to mount them what makes them bombproof. They are awesome steps/sliders. I bought my TNT Adventure Sliders/Steps from Northridge 4x4 for $588. Also get a set of Grabars to help people in and out and you'll be all set, this combo works great for my 5'2" wife to get into my 3.5" lift with 35" tires.

:winner:

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
I have the smittybilt side armor. Iike how it looks a lot.

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
I have Barricade rock sliders from Extreme Terrain. They work great as steps for kids. My 6 and 9 year-olds have no problem climbing in by stepping on the rock slider. Even my 3-year old likes to climb in himself, though it's much faster for me to just pick him up. For the two youngest, the biggest problem is thumb strength to operate the door handle... not climbing in. Found an old picture that shows it from a decent angle.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,647 Posts
I like these side steps

They are rust resistant, lightweight and theft proof.

And you can also use it to put your groceries in it so they don't go flying all over the cargo area.

:D

Aldo

·
Registered
106 Posts
You'll get a million answers here, but I went with Ace rock rails. Reasonable price, they are already coated, and installation is simple. They bolt to the frame directly.

ACE JK Rock Sliders (2 Door)

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
ACE rock sliders, they fit over your rubicon rails , and they will hold some hits against rocks, or slide over rocks all day. If you'll be doing hardcore crawling, then some frame mounted sliders would be better. I have 3 little ones, and the ACE sliders work great for them, and they're doing the job for me.

·
Registered
92 Posts
LOD Rock Sliders

·
Registered
364 Posts
Just picked up my '16 Rubicon today. LOVE everything about it, but my daughter literally can't get in without help. I don't like how side steps look, but it looks like I don't have a choice. I'm going to pick up grab handles tomorrow, but I doubt she will be able to reach those (just turned 8).

Any suggestions or other ideas?
Based on what you're looking for, our ACE Rock Sliders should suit you well. They work great with factory Rubi Rails, and work well as a step. Plus if you decide to get off-road, they will protect your Jeep's rocker panels. Other features include:

• 100% Made in the USA
  • Lifetime Warranty. You break them while wheeling we'll replace them, no questions.
  • They come black texture powdercoated
  • Larger tube diameter and wall thickness than other brands
  • Works great as a step as well as on rocks
  • Simple bolt-on installation

Attached are a couple pics showing how they work as a step, even with the Rubi Rails installed. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,647 Posts
Absolutely go with ACE!! I had their steps on my 2dr and got so many compliments as well as them being functional! Now that I have a 4dr, I have the enhanced rock rails but have considered selling them to go with ACE again!!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Another vote for Ace, had them on my 2010 Rubi 4 door and have them now on my 2016 Willys 4 door.

·
Premium Member
2,990 Posts
ACE all the way!

Love mine!

If they get scratched all you have to do is hit it with some bedliner spray and it's good as new!

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
They are rust resistant, lightweight and theft proof.

And you can also use it to put your groceries in it so they don't go flying all over the cargo area.

:D

Aldo
If yer kids are like mine within a month they will get tired of the milk crate and figure out how to get in alone.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Another vote for Ace, have them now on my 2015 Willys W 4 door. Easy Install, only took about 20min.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts