Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm just curious, for folks who purchased a rugged brown jeep, are you happy with your color choice? Any regrets with the color?

I really like the color, but worry abou the resale value. I may play it safe and opt for silver.

THANKS

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
I think it's a pretty unique color but if I went with it it would have to be done up like this:

Every brown Jeep will forever be a Golden Eagle to me....

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
You could post the same question about any color and you'll get at least someone saying that yes they regret it.

·
Registered
2012 JK
453 Posts
I'm speaking of similar colors years ago, but my memories of this color are bad...just bad.

Now I actually saw this color on the Jeep, and my eyes still regret it...

Didn't Clint Eastwood say in a bad movie the owner should be arrested because of the way he painted his vehicle?

·
Registered
125 Posts
went to the dealer i ordered my 14 to see what they will give me on my trade and they had 5 brown in the lot .. and only 1 of each other color... they cant move them i think it didnt look bad , its pretty dark..

·
Registered
39 Posts
I almost bought one. I had a brown cj7 when I was in college. Loved it until some dbag tboned me, but I digress. I decided not to get the brown out of superstition.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've had mine for a few months now and really like it. It's dark so everyone thinks its black but when they get close they say oh that's brown. Kids named her Charlotte "Charlie" Brown.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Who cares about resale value. You are the one driving it and have to like it and chances are if you like it someone else will too down the road.

Color to me was very low on my priority list when i picked out my Jeep. My first Jeep I didn't even know the color until i got to the lot after my brother said they got one in and they could give me a great deal.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Color wasn't that important to us when we bought it. Not a lot of fun to keep clean but I haven't seen another one out on the road either.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Why would someone ask other people what color they should get? It's about the least important part of your jeep.

·
Registered
470 Posts
If you see a Jeep that you like, just buy it and don't look back. Save "regrets" for important things like not talking to your kids, or not being able to recite Tommy Boy quotes.

·
Registered
470 Posts
my apologies to the moderator(s).

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
The one thing I can say about Rugged Brown is it gets noticed. I have taken my JKU to several local events and have received a good number of complements on the color. I have even had folks come up to me after the event while everyone is airing up and express that when they first saw the color they did not like it. But after a day on the trail and seeing how well it looks "in the dirt" they have really grown to like it. I think this is why I tend to get in more photos than ever before. The color just fits into the natural environment well which only enhances the already good looks of the JK line.

I will say it is kinda fun having a rare color. Not what I intended but fun none the less.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts