Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Described as "A shorted or open condition detected in one or more of the idle air control motor circuits. Actual idle speed does not equal target idle speed."

·
Knows a couple things...
48,830 Posts
There's one IAC circuit which controls the IAC mounted onto passenger-side of the throttle body. Could be frayed wiring leading to the IAC, could be a bad IAC. IAC = idle air control which is what provides all of the engine's air when the engine is idling. The IAC no longer does anything once you step down on the gas pedal which opens the primary air intake via a valve plate inside the throttle body.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's one IAC circuit which controls the IAC mounted onto passenger-side of the throttle body. Could be frayed wiring leading to the IAC, could be a bad IAC. IAC = idle air control which is what provides all of the engine's air when the engine is idling. The IAC no longer does anything once you step down on the gas pedal which opens the primary air intake via a valve plate inside the throttle body.
Thank you. Could you advice how can i get the part number because there is nothing written on mine.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there any way to check if it is the IAC itself or the wiring?

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Here is a link with some explanation of how the IAC works & troubleshooting the circuits that may be helpful. Since there is still an issue with your PCM it is possible that it is also affecting the IAC circuits. The code 25 is the same as a P0505.

https://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/chasing-an-erratic-idle-p0505-2370711.html#post34443259

Then here is one with a 1997 that apparently needed a replacement PCM to fix it.

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/stumped-iac-new-computer-4368811/#post40720559

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for your inputs, very helpful. I am wondering what makes the pcm fry. The first burn on the board is coming from a positive fuse B. it appears that most likely I need to change the pcm. I am not sure if the one on my tj is original one or not. How can I find out?
In regards bypassing the 5v supply I can create a new post on that but I don't think it is a solution to anybody because besides the transformer on the board some other circuit might be fried as well causing the fry in the first place.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I put 5v on the capacitors dealing with 5v supply it doesn't work. If I put 5v straight on those two 5v wires coming out of the pcm it works while accelerating but engine shuts of immediately. When I have bypassed the automatic shutdown relay I have started the engine ran only while accelerating and at one point one part on the pcm melted with two fuses on the pcm itself as well. Now I cannot do any more tests due tu that. I cannot draw the conclusion if there is an issue outside the pcm or it is just the pcm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts