Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having discovered that there is a 4W parts store not far from my new digs, and discovering an extra $200-$300 bucks in my budget from last month, I have decided to go over there tomorrow and pick up a Smittybilt C-RES cargo net.
The only pictures I can find of these are on TJ's. Does anybody have this for their JK? I already paid for it so it's a little late to get a full review, but if anyone has any pictures that would be great. Does anybody know if you can leave this on when put the soft top back on with it on?
-Thanks

RD

·
Banned
916 Posts
I have one on my 08 UNLM....I love it. easy on..easy off...works with a spidershade....strong enough to keep my rottie in...and gives you alot of room to put stuff. Some of the others systems on the market may be stronger ...but I think the Smittybilt is the best looking...depends on how hard your are going to be thrashing around

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah hah! I'm not the only one who had to modify the way the front was mounted. Lol. I bought it in spring this morning and put it on in the parking lot. Then I found out I had to do something with the front.
A quick trip to 3 snazzy upholstery placed in the woodlands later....
And I ended up at Jo Ann fabric, with probably with some cops looking for me after showing up asking for weird stuff at the aforementioned places. I bought some nylon webbing and some buckles.
Then I drove up 45, with the top not even secured, and made some improvements/ broke the latches on the top once I got to huntsville. all in all a god day so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Not for 2011

Doesn't work with 2011 Bought one and does not fit right. Needs to fit in the older design top rails not the new cable style soft tops. An update I found says 2011 requires u to purchase velcro straps to fit a 11 Jk. But still looks saggy. And i w really looking forward to one

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
I have one on my 08 UNLM....I love it. easy on..easy off...works with a spidershade....strong enough to keep my rottie in...and gives you alot of room to put stuff. Some of the others systems on the market may be stronger ...but I think the Smittybilt is the best looking...depends on how hard your are going to be thrashing around
I thought you were going to post some pictures of your Jeep with the Smittybilt CRES? :whistling: :D

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have the CRES on my 09 Unl and have posted pics in the past (use the search). I have no complaints, but we only use it with the top completely off. As others have said it won't go under your soft top. It will go under a Pavement Ends Emergency Top despite what Q-tec says.

We have been very happy with the CRES.

I added a Safari Straps pet divider recently and there is no doubt that is a much heavier construction. But the full Safari Straps set equivalent to the CRES is a lot more money. Up to you which characteristics are more important.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Doesn't work with 2011 Bought one and does not fit right. Needs to fit in the older design top rails not the new cable style soft tops. An update I found says 2011 requires u to purchase velcro straps to fit a 11 Jk. But still looks saggy. And i w really looking forward to one
Mine works on my 10. The 10 has the cable-top on it and I have not had any problems, besides having to modify the straps, but that is because of my bikini top. Unless they changed the top from 10 to 11, which I don't think they did, I wouldn't see why that would change. Maybe you got a messed up top to begin with.
Mine is nice and tight:

·
Registered
59 Posts
The four door cres has a tab around the back door area that needs to slip into the roof channel of the jeep that the 2011 doesn't have. After searching I found one site that says a 2011 needs additional straps to secure it because of the top lip not being there. Didn't bother. Wanted mine to fit tight so returned. It is one of the nicest looking nets I've seen besides that 500+

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have the C.Res but looks nothing like this one.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Is there a jeep somewhere in these pics ? :D

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have to think you may have gotten the wrong one for the '11. Mine's an '11 and it fits just fine. No velcro straps required and no sagging.

Really my biggest complaint is that you have to use the door surrounds, which when the C.Res is on, they're hidden well enough I suppose but I just don't care for the looks of them.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
All I saw was a bikini top....and...stuff.
I thought she was wearing it?

I'm going to order the c-res end of September. I've only seen them in person on JKU's, but I like them. Should be less than 100F starting in October. Thinking it will look good with the freedom tops on.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Pics?

I have to think you may have gotten the wrong one for the '11. Mine's an '11 and it fits just fine. No velcro straps required and no sagging.

Really my biggest complaint is that you have to use the door surrounds, which when the C.Res is on, they're hidden well enough I suppose but I just don't care for the looks of them.
Do u have any pics of yours installed? Is it a 2 or 4 door? Does it work with the soft top folded down? I have a four door and even with door surrounds could not find the channel that the plastic lip by the rear door sits into. Anyone with images of this working on a 2011 jku I'd appreciate any images. I'd love to get one

1 - 18 of 18 Posts