Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find a video of the installation and all parts/processes involved of a lift that requires brake line relocation and everything that the Rough Country kit entails... OR atleast a good picture write up and what not of everything... couldn't find one.... Kinda' need one to move on with my project :whistling:

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
For the most part its an easy install. Until you run into rusted bolts or frozen bolts. Usually at least one of spring hanger bolts under the body, will need cut off. Get a long breaker bar or pipe to help free up the t-case bolts. As for thefront brake lines, I left my stock lines in place and this winter will be adding longer lines. Oh and I had to cut off the stock pitman arm.

·
Registered
78 Posts
This it what I did for my brake lines so they didn't have excess tension on them.

Drivers side: On the front lines when you have the jeep up and the axel supported, find the connection point were the brake line meets the chassis.

Then you may need to bend the fender walls a little bit to get the torques head in there to loosen it up. Once it is loose you should be able to slide it over the shock mount. There maybe a clip you have to undo where the lines turn into metal.

Passenger side: The line should run from the front of the jeep to the caliper. There will be a torques head there and some clips as well. Undo the torques head, (some bending my be necessary again) and undo the clips. This should give you a little movement up front, but get new lines when you can. Make sure the lines are the right length.

Rear line: On the drivers side where the brake line bracket is, is like a "z". Undo the bracket and take it off, as well as the line is clipped to the chassis. Make sure to take the line out of the clip. And this should hold you until you can upgrade lines.

I have drove my jeep a little with the lines like that and even beat on it a little in some fields and have had no issues. Just waiting for some funds to come in so I can get my new lines...

Hope this helps, Buck

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mostly my concern is the rust which I know is just a personal problem lol, and the brake lines will be somewhat stretched to their limit as it has a 2" shackle lift, and I only wheel once a month or up to three times but when I wheel, I push it to its limits. I plan on takeing out the front and rear track bar and leaving the sway bar for now (eventually quick disc's), has 33's on it so flexxing is important instead of having just a lot of rubber on it and little flex. Any suggestions to start on the front or back first? Should i take off my fender flares? (If i take them off theyre staying off lol). I feel like getting to the top and bottom bolts on the shocks are going to be a hassle also... Idk, just thinking a lot, I get the lift Tuesday night, hopefully three days are enough to install it,... This saturday is a big wheeling day!

·
Registered
78 Posts
With all your doing you will need New extended brake lines or at least the temporary fix. If you don you will break your lines for sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts