Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent a whole week and a half on vacation in Raleigh NC. (Without my Jeep of course!) :( I drove all over the state going to Charlotte, Wrightsville beach and up the outter banks. During my vacation I saw hundreds of Wranglers but only 2 gecko green ones. 1 unlimited and 1 2 door still on a dealer lot. Before this trip I have never seen another 2 door Gecko. I love my 2 door gecko and because I have only seen 1 other 2 door I love it more.

Does anyone have an exact number of how many Gecko wranglers were built in 2012-2013? More specifically 2 door vs 4 door?

I'm contemplating emailing Jeep if no one has an answer...

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I would be interested in the response if you want to email Jeep about it.

I also have a 2-door Gecko, and there really aren't many of them around here.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Same here, I would love to know production numbers.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Bet my '12 Cosmos is more rare :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
I would be interested also. I had to go 450 miles to find a dealer that had a two door Gecko Rubi

·
Registered
391 Posts
How many True Blue?

I was wondering about the True Blue Production numbers. It was only late 12 and early 13.

But as far as rare...I have a 2010 Plum Crazy Purple SRT8 Challenger. It was 1 out of 408 w/auto (total was 939 SRT8 PCP).

It ain't rare they came out with Plum Crazy Purple again in 2013.

But it's still fun to think our jeep might be rare.

Bill

·
Registered
381 Posts
I wasn't going to comment until bcsnave posted, but you have a 1 of 408 purple challengers, and that's pretty rare for a car built these days, they usually over build so many models its hard to get a future car that will be collectable. I have a 65 olds 442 convertible, 400 six pack, 4 speed with air, 1 of 73 built, and 1 of 12 known left to exist. Sorry, don't mean to thread jack, but I like to talk about my Olds as much as my Jeep.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I see quite a few of the Gecko greens up here....same for Crush. The only colors I don't see fairly often are Dune and Dozer.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I would say the rarest color that I have not seen too many for 2013 would be the Rugged Brown Pearl Coat followed by the Dune Clear Coat.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Steve you gota post a pic

Steve

You can't do that to us...post a picture.

I wasn't going to comment until bcsnave posted, but you have a 1 of 408 purple challengers, and that's pretty rare for a car built these days, they usually over build so many models its hard to get a future car that will be collectable. I have a 65 olds 442 convertible, 400 six pack, 4 speed with air, 1 of 73 built, and 1 of 12 known left to exist. Sorry, don't mean to thread jack, but I like to talk about my Olds as much as my Jeep.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have been searching for a gecko jku it is basically impossible to find. Found 2 in jersey very mod'ed and over priced. So sad over 2014 colors. There are a lot of geckos on Long Island. But I would still love my own

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I think they are fairly common. Definetely not something rare. I'll bet that there were fewer winter chills than geckos or crush. You want something "rare", try rock lobster... they are still pink in the middle!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have seen quite a few where I live but then again, it is a resort town and lots of people come here.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've only seen one recently, a 4 door rubicon. My local dealer used to have 3 or 4 of them on the lot but they are gone now. I would have picked gecko over commando green if I could have found a 2 door sport when I was ready to buy.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I see quite a few around here, I see less in rock lobster, and those limited edition colors like winter chill. I would have bought a JKU in winter chill, i just didn't like everything else like the dash.

4 JK's but 0 JKU's on the lots within 200 miles currently. Although I know there are some on the lots that aren't listed.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts