Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 6 speed manual and have been considering getting a transmission cooler, I know google is my friend but has anybody added a transmission cooler to their JK and would having a manual vs automatic matter in the type of cooler? If you have added one a recommendation would be nice on the brand ...

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Good question, but not sure about the application for a manual transmission...
Do you already have your cooler?

I found a previously unknown source for low cost transmission cooler radiators: Local U-Haul Dealers

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
There's no need for it with the manual transmission. A manual trans. has no oil pump, no other connections and manual trans. fluid basically doesn't overheat in passenger vehicle /off road situations. You might want to consider switching to full synthetic synchromesh. It will really only work in certain racing applications where the system is completely set up differently and the fluid used isn't what JK spec. is.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's no need for it with the manual transmission. A manual trans. has no oil pump, no other connections and manual trans. fluid basically doesn't overheat in passenger vehicle /off road situations. You might want to consider switching to full synthetic synchromesh. It will really only work in certain racing applications where the system is completely set up differently and the fluid used isn't what JK spec. is.
Perfect, thanx. Good to know. I'm running Synchromesh now and the color is still perfect after six months, I had the entire tranny/clutch replaced and just wanted to make sure it would last forever basically. I'll probably change the fluid one a year at a minimum since it's so easy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts