Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking for a Crown rear bumper/tire carrier.

4x4groupbuy.com has it for 500.00 + 125.00 S&H

knowwhere2jeep.com has it for 350.00 + 5.00 S&H

Seriously, this is so cheap I can't believe it's legit. Anyone have experience with this vendor?

EDIT: A-Z Fab has it for 399.00, so that makes me feel a little better about it.

Thanks.
AS

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
If it is too good to be true.........

·
Premium Member
28,214 Posts
that flat rate shipping may have some insanely high price. could explain the low price for the tire carrier

·
Registered
26,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that flat rate shipping may have some insanely high price. could explain the low price for the tire carrier
That's what has me a little spooked Derek. The flat rate shipping is $5.00.

The other bumpers they have on there are pretty expensive, so maybe they are just clearing stock or something?

·
Premium Member
28,214 Posts
oh, i missed that. hmmmm. well, who knows.
although in my looking around, that group buy place isnt always that much of a good deal. ive found things cheaper elsewhere. so im not at all surprised that some where could be cheaper.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I know a few others who have purchased from KW2J for their excellent 8.8 bracket kit and have been happy with the service! You can always do a chargeback on the credit card.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Check out thedirtworx on ebay too for great rear bumper carriers

·
Registered
26,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know a few others who have purchased from KW2J for their excellent 8.8 bracket kit and have been happy with the service! You can always do a chargeback on the credit card.
Thank you Burton, this is the kind of feedback I was hoping to receive before placing an order. :)

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Josh I don't think I would send them the whole bundle you are planning on spending. Start with something small and see how the service is.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
The guys over at know where 2 jeep are great, don't be afraid of ordering from them. I just got 5 Goodyear MTR's from them, and they even mounted and balanced them for me. I'm local, so I just stopped by and picked them up, but the $5 shipping is his actual price; its not a gimmick. I order most of my big heavy stuff from them since I can pick it up and don't have to pay shipping. They just opened up they're physical location not too long ago, but apparently they've had their site up for a bit. If you've been to the Jeep show in York, PA they are usually there. I'm relatively new to Jeeping so I've only known them for about six months or so, but I've had only good things to say about them. They're also members of PA Jeeps, if anyone is familiar with that club.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Woah, are they local to PA? Order and if you have a problem I'll stop by and drop the people's elbow

Just for some more assurance, they post over at JeepTalk and I still couldn't find a negative issue that doesn't appear resolved.

http://jeeptalk.net/index.php?showuser=1988

·
Registered
26,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The guys over at know where 2 jeep are great, don't be afraid of ordering from them. I just got 5 Goodyear MTR's from them, and they even mounted and balanced them for me. I'm local, so I just stopped by and picked them up, but the $5 shipping is his actual price; its not a gimmick. I order most of my big heavy stuff from them since I can pick it up and don't have to pay shipping. They just opened up they're physical location not too long ago, but apparently they've had their site up for a bit. If you've been to the Jeep show in York, PA they are usually there. I'm relatively new to Jeeping so I've only known them for about six months or so, but I've had only good things to say about them. They're also members of PA Jeeps, if anyone is familiar with that club.
That's great news! Thanks! :)

Woah, are they local to PA? Order and if you have a problem I'll stop by and drop the people's elbow

Just for some more assurance, they post over at JeepTalk and I still couldn't find a negative issue that doesn't appear resolved.

Board Message
Thanks again, Dwane. :rofl:

·
Registered
26,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Josh I don't think I would send them the whole bundle you are planning on spending. Start with something small and see how the service is.
It's just the rear bumpe/tire carrier that I want to buy from them. Not that I take spending $350 lightly.

Just to make sure everyone who reads this knows, I have no reason to believe that KW2J isn't perfectly legit, and it appears from the feedback that I've received that they are great to deal with. I wanted to make sure because they are the cheapest on the bumper, plus they only charge $5 for shipping. Shipping from another place for the same bumper is $125. Many of the other sites that I'm about to do business with charge a lot for shipping too, so the combination of cheapest price plus practically free shipping threw up a red flag for me. Wanted to check with the group before placing an order. Thanks everyone. :cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
kw2j

its legit, just ordered from them yesterday and today called to ask some questions about aussie install,they told me everything i needed to know about it and then some...very helpful,be ordering that soon!

·
Registered
331 Posts
I've bought several times from KW2J. They were quick and good quality. I also second the above mention of Dirtworx on eBay for a great rear tire carrier. I've had mine for a year now and love it. Well built and not a single rattle.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts