Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my eyes on their winch bumper for a while; love the looks, matches my rear, and cheaper than smittys XRC, and REALLY like the added uprights. Every time I've checked their website it's sold out..... only to find a bunch for sale on their eBay store, going for more than their list price on the website, every time I look.

Hey boys, make your money, but I don't have time to sit and watch a damn auction. Give us an out-the-door BUY NOW price. If $199.99 can't do it for you, find a price that will.

I know a good bit of people have this bumper, how'd you get yours? If you don't mind telling, how much did you pay

Spyder 97 06 Jeep Wrangler TJ Front Rock Crawler Winch Mount Bumper w D Rings | eBay

·
Registered
326 Posts
I ordered mine from them the week before Christmas and it got here in 5 days exactly. I guess I just lucked out that they were in stock when I ordered and hadn't run out yet. I like it, bolted right on (though I got better grade bolts to use than the ones they provided since theirs are pretty cheap) with no adjustments needed. I also got a Warn winch at the same time and it fit perfectly on the bumper. It's in my profile picture to the left. I think I paid just under $200 for it, free shipping in the deal.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I installed the front bumper a month ago. For the price and looks I love it. Today I installed the rear bumper with hitch and tire carrier. Was a PITA but its all hooked up now Looks great and works as it should. Id recommend both

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the front bumper, rear bumper, and winch on my rig no complaints yet everything bolted right up with no mods. I know some guys will say save up and buy a better one but for what I use them for and the price u cant bet it

·
Registered
696 Posts
I bought mine from Truck and Winch. I called them first. They get them from China in batches, so you might get yours in days, or you might have to wait til the next shipment comes in. FWIW, I'm impressed with mine. Good build quality, and received my Warn with no problemo.

Attachments

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well after I wrote that initial post I actually called them. The guy on the line seemed liked a good guy and he explained that the ones on eBay were a mistake (auto-listed) and he was concerned. He said that they DO get them in batches (didn't say from the orient...but come on) and when they arrive they'll update the site accordingly.

FWIW I'd go with the e-autogrilles but it's a) more expensive, b) it's slightly different and does not have the vertical bars reinforcing the stinger, and c) theres been some negative speak on some of their stuff. The Tuff Stuff one wins in those categories; plus you can use a coupon for free shipping and 10% off (i'm told) making it the sound choice.

I also agree that there are "better" options out there; there are some really great fabricating vendors on here as well. But the truth of the matter is I can fab anything as good as a shop right at my home with the same results, if that's what I wanted, and I know a great powdercoater. With that being said, it's just a bumper, I can repair/modify it if need be, and I know what my "needs" are (not much at all). Really I just wanted something that matched that could hold the baby (superwinch 8500 or 9500) winch I'll get. Plus, for under 200 bucks, fabbing up something identical with good materials just wouldn't be worth the hours spent doing it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
.............WHY does everything we want in New England come from california?

Delivery by end of day May 29th........... Coulda had it 2-day priority like Amazon Prime for only $285 extra hahaha.

So yes, the winch and accessories (out for delivery) will beat the bumper by a week....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.