Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can't decide if this combo will work, need your help. Don't want new wheels and tire carrier and 33" seems to be the max. Thank you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm pretty new to all of this too, but from what I've read so far, that would work fine. A 3.5" is way more than you would need for 33s.
I've been looking into how to put the biggest tires possible on the smallest lift.
There are some with 37s on 2.5 in lifts, for example.

This is a good forum to look into, if you haven't already: http://jkfreaks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11285

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
it will work but it will look silly. I told myself I would wait until my 33's were worn out to buy new tires, after I threw on a 3.5RK lift I didnt last a week before buying 37's.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I installed a 3'' lift, went with 33'' tires. Personally I like the look of a lifted vehicle, I like it, it actually looked good with the factory flares on, but I needed the flats, so now it looks way taller than it is. but around here is rocky, so clearance is huge, and after the wallet recovers, I can re gear and after the tires wear out, 35's will go on.

Here's the lift with stock tires, as you are looking to do...

Here it is with the new tires...

And here with the flats on...

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
461 Posts
Yeah, I like the flats for sure, but I like how it looked with the stock flares, but after spending the money on the flats, there going to stay. At least I have an option of going 37's if I like too. Once I get the coin to re gear. I will have to decide what size I am going to rock.

just a never ending process, and so far loving it....

·
Super Moderator
53,782 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
I have a total of 3" of lift right now with 33's and cut stocker fenders so they look even smaller. I have a new lift coming soon that is 3.5" and I am definitely going to 35s. I'd love to go 37s but I don't want to mess with gussets, sleeves, etc for an extra inch of ground clearance...maybe after the 35s wear out.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I like the look of the flats
Love the look of the flats also. Will be going to the MCs here soon after I get their bada$$ lift installed. My 2dr is going to look like the little brother to your Caterpillar build which is smokin by the way!! I even some fun stickers being made up that should fit nicely in a similar but different theme to yours.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts