Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just like the title I just got in from messin around in mud and just wheelin and even though it drives the same my levels are all good I make myself crazy by after every little noise or if the clutch feels a little funny I'm worried I broke something but I look underneath and everything is fine lol anybody else worry warts???

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yes! On the way home every time. I'll ask my passenger "did you hear that" and it is usually just me. No matter ho hard the wheelin I always worry.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I never am. Unless I have a had hit or if I wheel it harder then normal.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Paranoid, not really, but I would be if I was in the mud a lot. Slick conditions and quick loss and gin of traction, water seeping in and cleaning that crud off make me a little sick to even think about.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is nice to know I am not the only one and yeah I say the same thing to my passenger Hahahaha it's always just me lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
that's exactly how I am! haha I stop and get out about every mile and check something.. it's always fine though lol

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
I always crawl under my Jeep from bumper to bumper inspecting everything after offroading. I look for leaks, broken junk, and give all arms, shafts, and shocks the wiggle test. That still doesn't keep me from wondering if something doesn't sound right. I had a bad squeak on the ride home once that I couldn't pinpoint and it turned out to be the way my gear was stowed in the back.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I took a twisty trail once and as soon as I got back to pavement I started to hear a terrible sound dragging on the asphalt right under our seats. I thought something got pulled half off and was dragging like an exhaust part or something. I pulled over with a heavy heart only to find that I was dragging a dead branch with dead leaves hanging all over it. What a relief!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I used to be. Then I realized I drive a Jeep. If it ain't leakin...it's out if oil. If it don't make noise....it already fell off. LOL.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yes... and this AM my paranoia was justified! We just got back from a camping trip on which rivers were crossed and mud was slung... the next morning (today) my starter seized up! Banged the #$%@ out of it with a hammer but it did nothing. Any ideas on how to prevent this in the future?

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Yes... and this AM my paranoia was justified! We just got back from a camping trip on which rivers were crossed and mud was slung... the next morning (today) my starter seized up! Banged the shit out of it with a hammer but it did nothing. Any ideas on how to prevent this in the future?
Yep. Avoid mud. Rocks are more challenging and you only break stuff a welder can fix in most cases.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
James249G said:
Yes... and this AM my paranoia was justified! We just got back from a camping trip on which rivers were crossed and mud was slung... the next morning (today) my starter seized up! Banged the shit out of it with a hammer but it did nothing. Any ideas on how to prevent this in the future?
Avoid mud and water

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did some wheelin last night and heard a terrible noise this morning. Had me pretty worried like usual. Checked it when I got to work just to find a small tree pinched between the frame and the skid plate under the tranny. It was laying on top of the front drive shaft making a crazy loud noise. Took a hand saw to get the damn thing out. Will probably have to drop the skid plate to get the rest out.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I get paranoid..then i just crank the radio and it fixes all the new squeaks and grinds and pops i get after a hard day of wheeling

1 - 20 of 35 Posts