Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had recent troubles with my fuel pump and just replaced it (like 2 days ago). I did clean the ground while I was there, but my fuel gauge stopped working when I got it back together. No big deal because the Jeep ran fine...until today when it died. Just like it did before with power to the pump but the pump does not kick on. At the moment it died the fuel gauge shot up from empty to full, so I am thinking that the ground or one of the other wires is messed up. Now that the tank is full of gas and since it was such a pain to drop and raise the tank I am thinking about cutting an access tank in the floorboard of the Jeep so that I can get to it without fooling with the tank. Has anybody ever done this? If so where should I cut?

·
Registered
486 Posts
you would have to remove the tank anyways if you are going to cut through the tub ABOVE the fuel tank????
pull it out again and replace the ground if you think that is the problem.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did not cut the access panel after all. I went ahead and removed the tank and then checked all wiring to the new fuel pump. Turns out that I had a bad grounf on the pump. Done deal.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
far out, dude. how long did it take to run the tank dry? just kidding, where theres a will theres a way. congrats.:punk:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts