Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
old pic..... but Teraflex 2" BB on 31's and bedlined stock wheels...

·
Registered
442 Posts
not a great pic but here is mine with 2" BB and 1.25 body lift and trimmed flares...minus some because of sagging springs with 160k on them. 31x10.5 summit mud hogs.

flareless image is the same amount of lift minus of course the flares :whistling:

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
just buy the spacers on ebay or something.
if youre just getting spacers, spend good money on the shocks.
i just installed a 2" BB with blistein 5100s. for what i spent on the
shocks, i could have gotten a rough country 2.5" coil kit. but i
wanted good shocks. and now, if i decide to get some 2" coils
down the road i have good shocks to go with em.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
04ORX said:
just buy the spacers on ebay or something.
if youre just getting spacers, spend good money on the shocks.
i just installed a 2" BB with blistein 5100s. for what i spent on the
shocks, i could have gotten a rough country 2.5" coil kit. but i
wanted good shocks. and now, if i decide to get some 2" coils
down the road i have good shocks to go with em.
What if i got new coils, spacers and shocks? Does that work?

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
No need for coils and spacers.... if you want a better ride.. do a 2" coils, bump stop extensions and shocks... spacers are just that... spacers. It will still ride EXACTLY like it is... it's called a BUDGET BOOST for a reason.

If you are on a budget... get ANY 2" BB as long as it comes with bump stop extensions... they are needed keep your suspension working correctly if you wheel it offroad.

·
Registered
63 Posts
255/70/17

I haven't measured to see how tall these are EXACTLY but I know most consider these tires to be 32". Anyway, here is my fairly new setup. EDIT: 255/75/17

Attachments

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
I haven't measured to see how tall these are EXACTLY but I know most consider these tires to be 32". Anyway, here is my fairly new setup. EDIT: 255/75/17
Very nice....I will add mine when I finish tonight but here is my breakdown on my 99TJ:

- Fat Bobs Garage 2" BB with bumpstops: $79.95 Ebay
- 2010 JK Rubicon Front and Rear Shocks: Free + $10 to press out and replace bar pins at local machine shop
- 2010 Rubicon Wheels and Tires: $400 Craigslist
- Spydertrax Spacers 5 x 4.5 to 5 X 5 for wheels: $200 Northridge

2" Budget Boost with new shocks, 32" BF Goodrich Mud Terrain tires with machined aluminum wheels: $610 and some cursing/skinned knuckles from rusty bolts :thumb:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Is it possible for me to switch out my shocks, and coils, and put 2" spacers in with bump stop extensions?
Does anybody make a kit with all this?
My jeep is a 97 and I'm sure my springs are sagging by now

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
If your going to go through with replacing the coils you might as well just get new ones. No one as far as I know sells a kit with the stock coils. Just a spacer/bump stop kit. Look into BDS as I believe they have a 2" coil lift kit pretty inexpensive.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Milkman said:
If your going to go through with replacing the coils you might as well just get new ones. No one as far as I know sells a kit with the stock coils. Just a spacer/bump stop kit. Look into BDS as I believe they have a 2" coil lift kit pretty inexpensive.
So should I not get new coils and buy spacers?

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
You don't need BOTH..... either buy 2" coils in a 2" suspension kit OR buy 2" BB spacer kit.....

NOT BOTH......

As I said... BB is just that... BUDGET BOOST.... spacers above stock coils and shocks and bumpstop extensions.... only thing needed (this may be different for every Jeep ) is a toe-in adjustment.

Buy a 2" coil suspension and you will get new coils and shocks among other things..... it will be double the price of a BB.....most likely more..... since you get new shocks and other components as well.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts