Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one here from Hot springs, Arkansas I really didn't want to have to move but can't find a job here in Indianapolis. I am currently laid off with my company and they have multiple locations and they are really needing people out in Hot springs.
How is it out there is it cheap to live, whats the crime like, wheres the best area to live. I have my choices between Hot springs and Oklahoma City, wife didn't want to move out to tornado ally so it looks like I'm stuck with Hotsprings. I'd just like to get a heads up on a place before I get there.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in NW Ark. Hot springs is a pretty nice place. Not sure on the crime thing. Just be ready for it to live up to its name.....june-mid sept....hot and humid. But on the bright side you'll be close to superlift!
yeah I noticed there was an off road park there, I might have to get an annual membership since its so close. Have you been there is it an alright park I like challenging trails, I'm not much into mud slinging. I'm excited about moving out there I'm really tired of living here in Indianapolis. I'm from the middle of nowhere in Kentucky pretty much a good ole country boy. I only moved to Indianapolis because my wife's family lives here. I am ready to get the heck out of here its to congested, and people drive on the highway like they just drank a twelve pack of bud.

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
Hate to spoil your fun, but Hot Springs is still in "Tornado Alley" Still a nice place to live. Just stay out of the trailer parks!!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I am from North Central Arkansas (Mountain Home) If you love the outdoors its a great place to live. Pleanty of public trails in the National forest. And Dare2BSquare is correct this is still Tornado Alley..

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah its still tornado alley but my wife looked up some statistics and texas and Oklahoma get the majority of twisters.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am from North Central Arkansas (Mountain Home) If you love the outdoors its a great place to live. Pleanty of public trails in the National forest. And Dare2BSquare is correct this is still Tornado Alley..

This sounds like my kind of living I currently live here in the city with my wife I can't wait to move away from here but its just such a pain in the arse to pack up everything move it and find a new home in a new area when you have no family there at all. One half of me is looking forward to it while the other half is dreading it.

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
Arkansas is a great place to be. I moved here 33 years ago, and haven't regretted a minute of it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Superlift is a great place to wheel. lots of challenging stuff and good guys out there. Welcome to God's country.

It's like the old joke about the traveling preacher who sees a payphone in all the churches in tx, ks, neb and ok. They all have a sign that reads "calls to God $10,000.00/min". He then gets to a church in AR and sees a sign above the phone that says calls to God..free. When he asks why, he is told that from Arkansas .......it's a local call.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Cool man, im in Salem, just up the road from hot springs. we love it here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts