Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, how much does the stock bumper weigh and how much does the Wrangler Unlimited Sahara itself weigh?

Thanks!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Boy you're fast!!! Front bumper.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!

Wow! 27 lbs! Rock Hard has an Aluminum bumper for $1200, but it weighs 37 lbs.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Thanks!

Wow! 27 lbs! Rock Hard has an Aluminum bumper for $1200, but it weighs 37 lbs.
You're very welcome! I was hoping it would save the inevitable next question, 'does anyone know how much XX bumper weighs?'. :D

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
....I was hoping it would save the inevitable next question, 'does anyone know how much XX bumper weighs?'. :D
LOL! Well, I wasn't going there as I already knew what the lightest aftermarket bumper was.

But you did save me $1200; seems like I should send you half of that or something. :p

Now if you could say something to talk me out of lockers for the front and rear....

·
Registered
576 Posts
...So how much is too much bumper?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
...So how much is too much bumper?
For me, anything over 27 lbs.

But, realize I'm more interested in on-road gas mileage than off-road advantages, so the less weight, the better the gas mileage. After all, I just added about 90 lbs in the form of a winch and winch mounting plate.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
LOL! Well, I wasn't going there as I already knew what the lightest aftermarket bumper was.

But you did save me $1200; seems like I should send you half of that or something. :p

Now if you could say something to talk me out of lockers for the front and rear....
:D

I'll get back to you on the lockers. :rofl2:

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
For me, anything over 27 lbs.

But, realize I'm more interested in on-road gas mileage than off-road advantages, so the less weight, the better the gas mileage. After all, I just added about 90 lbs in the form of a winch and winch mounting plate.
Just don't hit a deer :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts