Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This clip goes on the exhaust manifold so that the wall pipe underneath can screw up to it. Lost one does anybody know what it is called or where I can get them

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And as long as I have you on the phone LOL. Would you recommend anti seize on the intake exhaust mounting bolts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found them easier than I thought Google is a wonderful thing... I still would like to know would you recommend anti seize on the mounting bolts

·
Super Moderator
11,115 Posts
I found them easier than I thought Google is a wonderful thing... I still would like to know would you recommend anti seize on the mounting bolts
I use Anti-Seize on almost all threaded connectors that don't need threadlocker.
I've used it on lug nuts in the past, but I don't know if that's such a good idea.
I never had any issues with the lug nuts coming loose, but I always torque them to spec.
Some exceptions might be valve cover or oil pan bolts (simply unnecessary), but I'd use Anti-Seize on the exhaust bolts for certain.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4.0L 5spd Money pit Green
384 Posts
The ole blind nut....easy to find at most hardware stores etc. And never seize is you friend that you should use.....with some thought about where it is best to use. On a blind nut.....Yes Sir, all the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts