Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
IF you wheel up there in that area in your avatar screen, I would recommend the TrXuS MT's. VERY grippy in the sloppy stuff.

No experience with the STS's tho. Sorry.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
there is a girl at my school that runs these tires (i believe 36's) on her expedition...all i know is they look like crap. they may handle well but i personally don't like the looks.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well then hmmm if i am gonna go with MT's
any advise wether pro comp MT's or TrXus Mt's? basicly the same price except if I can still find a buy 3 get one free

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Last month's issue of Petersons four wheel and off road had a nice article on mud tires. I think you can get to it on their web site. The Pro Comps did pretty well, but I might look into the new Hercules tire if I can ever wear out my BFG's. I have used Hercules tires before and they are inexpensive and hold up pretty well. They got a great review from Petersons.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I've gotta buddy that runs them mostly on rocks and they do pretty good. I've got the Pro-Comp Mts and they've worked really good in all conditions so far.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
the pro comp mt's tend to chunk in the sharp rock the xterrain works very well in all conditions that Ive ran them through and they take less weight to balance or weigh as much as swampers

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmm good point, but im nor really sure how much i will be on rocks.

I have read that the Xterrains have worse wear and do worse on pavement, what do you think of them?

·
Registered
541 Posts
I run the Procomp X's. So far I really like them. Handle great in the slop and the rain. I haven't taken them to many rocks yet. Other than on some small trails. Very little road noise for an agressive tire. Little to no wieght to balance them. Just rotate them and you should get good wear out of them.
Hardy

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
the xterrains have impressed me no matter what the terrain is I have ran these tire"s through mud,snow,loose dirt,soft sand lots of rocks rain and believe me the streets out here gets slick when it rains out here all the oils come to the surface
the mileage has been very good
and if you had read jp magazine last month they gave them equal rating on all terrains

Off-Road Tire Buyers Guide - Super Swampers - Jp Magazine

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah i read that,but they didn't really say enyhting about the long term with wear, but i fyou guys think they wear better maybe i will go witth the X's instead,

thanks for heading me in the "right" direction!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts