Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody running these? If so, where do you mount the solenoid? Can anybody post a picture?

Thanks!

·
Registered
202 Posts
On my 2015 I mounted the solenoid on the plastic piece between the battery and engine. It's solid. I used large flat washers and lock nuts on the engine side. I've got pictures somewhere as soon as I find it I'll post them.

·
Premium Member
3,647 Posts
Here's where I mounted it when I had it on my 07. I took it off because when I needed to use the winch, it cut power. It's supposed to cut it when not in use but wouldn't work correctly.

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both guys, just wanting to make sure I mount it somewhere safe.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another question on this, when hooked up properly, the winch still has a direct line straight to the battery on the negative post correct?

So the winch still always has a "live" wire so to speak running to it, but it just can't get power to operate?

Just saying I guess, it's still just as important to take care of the lines going to the battery as the negative one is always hot?

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
The negative cable is not "hot"

·
Registered
202 Posts
on my JK I ran the winch power cables underneath the air cleaner box and drilled a couple holes in the flange underneath and secured the cable to those holes. The air box is real simple to remove. I then released the 4 tabs on top of the fuse box and lifted it up. I drilled 2 hole underneath it and ran the power cables thru those holes. The holes were in the front inboard corner. of the plastic box that the fuse box sits in. I then ran them back to the solenoid that I had mounted next to the battery on the engine side. There is a big factory wire connector below my solenoid. The wire to the solenoid from the battery is probably no more than 8" long.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I picked up a PAC500 and used that instead. It's raited at 500 constant and 700 surge amps. Seemed nicer than the Warn interrupter. Made my cables at west marine for a few $.

Lots of photos in my build thread

1 - 8 of 8 Posts