Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up some Quadratec 41's and currently have spidertrax behind my factory Sahara wheels. I really don't want to mess with removing them due to the red Loctite. Curious to see if anyone else is running an aftermarket wheel with spacers too. Any pics?

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I believe the QT rims have 5.2" backspacing so that would give you 3.7" backspacing so your tires would stick way past the flares. For the record on a large bolt ie your lug nuts it will not be that difficult to pull the spacers people think red locktite makes them permanent but it does not. I have removed my Spidertrax more times than I can count over the years because I run two sets of tires/wheels one smaller set on stock rims that I use the spacers with and a set of bigger tires on aev rims. No way would I want to run 3.7" BS because they would stick out way too far for my tastes. If you are worried about the red locktite get a small map torch and hit the lug nuts for a few seconds to loosen the lock tite

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I have QT rims (5.2” BS as @jadmt said). Running 1.5” spacers and 37x12.5 tires. Smitty flat fenders. It’s wide, but I still rub a small bit on my fender liners up front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys. So probably no risk of snapping a stud then, huh? That was my main concern.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. So probably no risk of snapping a stud then, huh? That was my main concern.
Properly installed, you should be fine. There was a post, cant remember who, but they had wheel adapters on, and had some sort of accident and the rim is what actually broke, adapter/spacer was just fine.

·
Super Moderator
6,804 Posts
I was until recently running AEV wheels (5.2" BS) with 1.5" Synergy spacers. In part that was because the 37x12.5 tires would rub, plus the Evo Coilover kit recommends 3.75" of BS.
I am in the middle of removing those and installing Method beadlocks with 3.5" of BS. It might be one of the dumber moves I have made, but I wanted to be sure we had no clearance issues and I wanted to get rid of the spacers. I think spacers are fine, and we ran them for a while without issue. But all it takes is one issue, not from the spacers so much as from human error.
That said, unless you really want the wheels / tires to stick out pretty far (we run wide tube fenders) I would do as others mention and remove the spacers. A quick heat up with a torch and the lugs should come right off. And you can always sell them to someone else that needs them for $100 or so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts