Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the Mopar 2" lift for the 07-2011 the same lift as the 2012-2017 minus the driveshaft? I can get the non shaft one for $500 less then the one with it, so if it's the same lift, then all I'll need is the exhaust spacer correct? Seems most 2-3" lifts just use the spacer and I can't see the need to spend another $500 if it is not needed. Has anyone done this?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I know there have been posts in the past that say to call Athens direct. They have had stock but just not listed on Amazon.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I know there have been posts in the past that say to call Athens direct. They have had stock but just not listed on Amazon.

I called them. The guy I talked to said that was an Amazon only deal. That's only one experience. If somebody different answered the phone I may have gotten a different answer. YMMV.

I am hoping to catch the Amazon deal. But then again I'm somewhat hoping I don't so I don't have to try to figure out tires, wheels, gearing...and on and on. Haha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
I was told the Mopar lifts are made by Teraflex.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Yes you can. Just add the exhaust spacer.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Is the Mopar 2" lift for the 07-2011 the same lift as the 2012-2017 minus the driveshaft? I can get the non shaft one for $500 less then the one with it, so if it's the same lift, then all I'll need is the exhaust spacer correct? Seems most 2-3" lifts just use the spacer and I can't see the need to spend another $500 if it is not needed. Has anyone done this?
Here's your differences in the Mopar 2in lifts.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes you can. Just add the exhaust spacer.
Do you know why the AEV 2.5" lift doesn't have exhaust spacers, yet the Mopar lift supplies a driveshaft? Both are the same amount of lift, yet one does nothing for exhaust, and the Mopar goes overboard about it.

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
Reactions: JKRecon

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Do you know why the AEV 2.5" lift doesn't have exhaust spacers, yet the Mopar lift supplies a driveshaft? Both are the same amount of lift, yet one does nothing for exhaust, and the Mopar goes overboard about it.
No lift kit is ever 100% complete. Some things are a preference of what to use for a particular solution, so they leave the option doors open for the customer.

So AEV only sells Two (2dr vs 4dr) 2.5" lifts, and you'll also notice it doesn't come with any caster correction, where they'll be the 1st to tell you that they recommend their geo brackets with that kit and that it is needed for caster correction. However, some don't prefer geo brackets, so why alienate your kit against them, and make someone pay for something they don't prefer?

It's the same way with the Spacers vs drive shaft for the exhaust clearance problem. Also 2007 - 2011 JKs don't have the exhaust clearance problem. So why would AEV include spacers for someone who doesn't need them or provide them to someone who would rather replace the drive shaft?

Essentially, AEV can put a "kit" together they can sell to everyone and then let them know of the additional items they may want to consider adding to it, or offer 6 different kits with only 1 or 2 different parts being different between them, which would add confusion.

·
Registered
556 Posts
It all depends on down travel. If you use shocks for a 4" lift you'll get more down travel possible causing contact with your exhaust. AEV may be using slightly shorter shocks as a limiting factory in their kits. Or like said above their kits are made for a wider year range and some parts may need to be added.

I'm not a vender but I've sold a few of the 3.8L kits to Jeepers with a 3.6L. It works. I always make sure they get the spacer with it. I don't want to be responsible for buying them a new drive shaft.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts