Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've used "Back to Black" for the last few years, but it just doesnt last long. Wondering if anyone has used the "Wipe New" product by Rust-oleum and how you liked it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I tried it about a week ago on my 2011 JK rear fenders.... whuch had grayed up (a lot).... seemed to work... but it has only been a week... Package says it works for up to 2 years.... but we will just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I use Aero 303 on mine.

·
Premium Member
1,937 Posts
i do not. i use car guys plastic restorer. it does a great job but does need to be reapplied after a while. my jeep is garage kept so my flares do not get baked by uv rays all the time.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have used Wipe New - about a year and a half ago. Despite living in Texas, my fenders weren't badly faded, as I'd pretty regularly used 303 on them before. Wipe New brought them back to new looking, and has held up well even though I am not as religious with 303 as I had been before.

The instructions say to be careful in applying it to prevent streaking, and so did the internet. I was careful to apply it evenly, and didn't have streaks initially. But now, after a year and a half, in just the right light, I can kinda, sorta notice streaks. They're pretty faint, and no one else would see them. I attribute the streaks to the fenders having starting to fade just a little bit, and fade more where there was less Wipe New. After a fresh 303 treatment, the streaks don't show for a while.

As to the fading, in a year and a half, my fenders don't look as they've been freshly treated, but still look new. I'll probably treat them again in another year or so. I didn't do my door handles, and they need it.

BTW, I've used Back to Black on other vehicles, and its not anywhere as good as Wipe New. I think Back to Black is a paint, and washes off eventually. Wipe New does something to the plastic, so it doesn't wash off.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I use Aero 303 on mine.
I think Aero 303 is a protectant but does little to help fenders that have already faded, correct? I 've used it some and have a bottle, but it seems like a less glossy and slightly better armor all to me.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
to all..How did the what ever you used perform.. Inquiring minds want to know.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I used the Wipe New this spring on my flares and bumpers which were pretty faded. I did 2 coats and probably didnt use 1/2 of the bottle.
It's held up well especially considering it was like $14 and took maybe 1/2 hour to apply 2 coats.
I got it at Home Depot, btw.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts