Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seeing if anyone out there has attempted this yet.

I have my Jeep on 2.5in lift with 35s and getting that top back up can be a struggle by myself

I know the 2013 premium soft top have the spring assist, can this part be purchased and retrofitted to the 2012? Looks like the metal piece that attaches the bows to the roll cage is different too, but that should be a $20 piece from quadratec

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
The spring assist is actually not limited to the premium top, it comes on all Unlimiteds. Even the least equipped ones at my dealer gave them.

As for retrofitting it, the bow ends look the same as 07-12, but they now mount to a bracket, and that in turn mounts to another bracket on the roll bar. I haven't studied it enough to see if it's feasible, but at a minimum you'd need the 2 bracket pieces for each side, as well as the spring box. It's under a ton of tension and it looks like from mine the spring box would need to have it's tension unloaded somehow to put it on after the top bows were attached.

Also, with the extra dimensions added by the new pieces, it's quite possible the bows are just slightly different to accommodate the extra parts.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Does anyone have a pic/more info on this mysterious 2013 "Rear Spring Lift-Assist"? Thanks.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know, I've looked at up close pics of the mechanism on the forums. Looks like the bows are the same, it just has a different bracket that attaches to the jeep pillars

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone try this yet?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Spring is in the air, just seeing if anyone has done this yet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts