Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm fixing to change the gears lower and get bigger tires so I guess the speedo will be a bit off.

I haven't ordered a manual for the JK yet so...... Is it a gear or electronic or what? Will I need a programer or is there a trick using the ignition and buttons?

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Phew! Glad to see you out of that other thread . . . Ugh!

Download a manual electronically here. You can word search, so I find it much more useful than a print manual.

You can see how much your speedo will be off by here.

The fix is with a programmer. I understand this is a good one, though I'm sure there are others.

·
Registered
22 Posts
programmer

Do the Superchips Flashpaq; you will love it and it is easy to use. A lot of different variables that you can adjust with this device in addition to tuning and speedo correction.

Scott

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
You do make the change via the computer. You can either do it with the AVE procal that allows you to change the gear ratio and tires size with several other settings. This unit cost about $150 and many with manual transmissions use this one.

Next there is the Superchips Flashpaq. It does everything the AVE Procal does plus it does tuning. They claim you will get up to 18 more horsepower from the tune settings. Many say they get a MPG increase that is reduced by the increase in gears and tires. The unit cost around $340 to $360 depending were you get it. If you have a automatic transmission they offer transmission tuning which includes shift point changes but this does not come with the unit. It is a $40 upgrade.

Hope that helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts