Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on adding a hoop of some kind to the front bumper. I'm not a big fan of the large protruding stinger bars, but the maximus-3 one is somewhere in the middle and less protruding. They also can color it to match my 75th anniversary bumper which is cool.

Anyone have one of these, and would love to see any of your pictures and comments.

·
Registered
705 Posts

Here's a few of mine. I am a fan of it. Gives the hard rock bumper some character.

Current build: 2016 JKUR Hardrock #HardrockREVjku
Past builds: '79 & '81 CJ7, 93 ZJ, 04 TJ Rubi

·
Registered
279 Posts
Mopar has one and Maximus 3 had a handful of different hoops and stingers. Been looking at one as well... I can't decide which though :/

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
I bought one for mine and installed it about 2 years ago. No rust, etc. at all at this point. I love it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
G

·
Here are measurements if it helps. We have sold about a thousand since they came out and we started carrying them in 2014.

Extends 12.5" vertically above the top of the bumper
Extends 6.5" horizontally from the front flat surface of the bumper
Extends 4.5" horizontally from the front of the crush cans

·
Registered
733 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Here are measurements if it helps. We have sold about a thousand since they came out and we started carrying them in 2014.

Extends 12.5" vertically above the top of the bumper
Extends 6.5" horizontally from the front flat surface of the bumper
Extends 4.5" horizontally from the front of the crush cans
Do you know what size light bar Rubitrux used in this picture? And which brackets? I would want a bracket thats not as tall as the one in the picture though.
https://www.rubitrux.com/maximus-3-10a-x-stinger-starred-bar.html
Looks like yall offer 2 different brackets for the 10A front bumper with the Maximus stinger. One for a 10" and for for a 12"-20" light bar.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I have one and I'm trying to figure out what size light bar will go with the Maximus brackets. They say suitable for 10" light bars but the one in the pic looks longer than 10 inches.
https://www.quadratec.com/p/maximus...gler-jk-mopar-10th-anniversary-rubicon-hard-0

I'm wondering if this 13.5" light bar will work with those ^ brackets.
https://www.quadratec.com/p/tactik/135-led-light-bar
I have those light bar brackets and the same light bar. It is a Rigid Industries 10" E-Series light.
https://www.rigidindustries.com/led-lighting/110222

Reactions: BOSSTANK

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have those light bar brackets and the same light bar. It is a Rigid Industries 10" E-Series light.
https://www.rigidindustries.com/led-lighting/110222
Nice, yeah those Rigid light bars are a little bit more than what I want to spend haha. Especially since I'm saving to get a Warn Zeon 10s.

What light bar is that you have mounted under the 10" Rigid?

Also what winch are you running in those pics?

I'm thinking I might get the RC X5 10" light bar to mount under the Maximus stinger.
10-in Cree LED Light Bar (X5 Series) [76912] | Rough Country Suspension Systems®

I'm still debating should I get a 10" or get a 13" and maybe bend the Maximus brackets some to fit. Not sure that will work though or how it will look.

Here's mine:

·
Registered
705 Posts

I used the Maximus bracket for individual lights and found a light bar that has mounting brackets on the bottom. Fits perfectly and gives me tons of light. It was a cheapo amazon version nilight I think, but at the price I don't worry about it at all. I sealed the lens with rtv and to this date no moisture despite sitting in the rain and getting dunked in the river.

Current build: 2016 JKUR Hardrock
#HardrockREVjku

·
Registered
575 Posts
The stinger is one of my favorite looks for the 10A bumpers. It won't do what a real stinger is there to do, but it sure looks good.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I used the Maximus bracket for individual lights and found a light bar that has mounting brackets on the bottom. Fits perfectly and gives me tons of light. It was a cheapo amazon version nilight I think, but at the price I don't worry about it at all. I sealed the lens with rtv and to this date no moisture despite sitting in the rain and getting dunked in the river.

#HardrockREVjku

What's that a 20" light bar? I like the way it sits low, and that was a good idea but how did you know the holes on the bottom of the light bar would line up with the individual light brackets?
I think I want to mount mine a little higher though for when I get my winch.

·
Registered
705 Posts
What's that a 20" light bar? I like the way it sits low, and that was a good idea but how did you know the holes on the bottom of the light bar would line up with the individual light brackets?

I think I want to mount mine a little higher though for when I get my winch.

It's a 20". The winch tucks right behind it. Not blocked at all. The brackets on the light move horizontally so you can position them anywhere.

#HardrockREVjku

·
Registered
176 Posts
Maximus 3 striker

I was originally going with the stinger, but ended up with the striker instead. I like the looks of both.

Attachments

Reactions: Alpine_Kid
1 - 20 of 31 Posts