Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know pics are out there somewhere but wondering how it looks to remove the front plastic fender flares and cut off the lip on the actual metal fender. My funds are going to other important mods but figured this might look cool and cheap.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I know pics are out there somewhere but wondering how it looks to remove the front plastic fender flares and cut off the lip on the actual metal fender. My funds are going to other important mods but figured this might look cool and cheap.
Today is your lucky day. This isn't my Jeep but one I saw at a 4 wheel parts store. Actually looks pretty good for the price. The only concern I have is fender getting bent up if you don't have the correct bumpstop extension. And I would leave the fender flare on otherwise you will see all the holes that secure it to the fender.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I'm doing some training for work so won't be home for a week, this isn't my tj it's a picture I used to cut my fenders they look the same I will take pics after I get home for you

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Today is your lucky day. This isn't my Jeep but one I saw at a 4 wheel parts store. Actually looks pretty good for the price. The only concern I have is fender getting bent up if you don't have the correct bumpstop extension. And I would leave the fender flare on otherwise you will see all the holes that secure it to the fender.

This looks kinda cool and cheap. I was thinking more of trimming the tabs where the plastic flares attach and keeping the full metal finder just removing the flares

·
Registered
964 Posts
This looks kinda cool and cheap. I was thinking more of trimming the tabs where the plastic flares attach and keeping the full metal finder just removing the flares
Honestly I've seen people do that, I don't think it looks too good, but If you like it then go for it, just know that depending on your suspension you may bend them up a bit at full flex

·
Registered
350 Posts
This was my idea. What you guys think?
Here you go Thomas, unless you've already cut away yours...
I actually took off the fenders and then trimmed along the line just above the hole mounts. Then along the front and OFF with those fronts and tucked the turn signal lights away inside the engine compartment. I was making way for tube fenders that year! Uh, let's see, that was in 2006...?
Anyway, I did this lift (myself) and built for 37s. Little did I know how damn expensive 37s are; so I put in 35s. So I really don't have to worry too much about bending some metal; isn't that what they're there for anyway ~

Attachments

·
Registered
561 Posts
Here's my jeep with chopped front fenders

ForumRunner_20160405_215052.jpg

ForumRunner_20160405_215104.jpg

·
Registered
561 Posts
I have mine done the same way I use hood latches and small led signals
I did the same thing I cut it to where the hood latches are still there and put some led lights in front for my blinker

·
Registered
317 Posts
I did the same thing I cut it to where the hood latches are still there and put some led lights in front for my blinker
How are your hood latches set up? I'm from Louisiana too and I'd like to do that too. Aren't you from SLJA? I think I've met you when y'all did the Tin Lizzie run last year

·
Registered
561 Posts
How are your hood latches set up? I'm from Louisiana too and I'd like to do that too. Aren't you from SLJA? I think I've met you when y'all did the Tin Lizzie run last year
Post something on slja asking about a jeep named Papa smurf you'll be able to find me don't wanna post my name on a forum

1 - 19 of 19 Posts