Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a place I go in ellington. It's all marked logging roads. Big place tons of trails. Mud, water crossings, rocks, some crawling. I've been going there for yrs and yrs. as long as you stay on the trails and tread lightly its a great place. I've seen many other jeeps in there and people even the workers. Just wave and keep going no problems. If anyone is interested in going or has gone let me know. Don't wanna put to much info on here, message me if interested.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump..... No one us ever been? I have seen many jeeps over the years..... Just wondering if anyone has really explored in there.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
this is news for me, i live in ellington and was not aware of any trails that were not private, posted land.

where is the trail (i know the entire area just drop a clue)? i'd be interested in taking my 2002 TJ on a local trail.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's right off rt 83 near the tsi Harley and that airport. It's a road that was never finished. Road ends and turns to dirt and says unimproved road drive at our own risk. It's all logging roads. There are some trails that say no trespassing where equipment and log piles are. Other then that they are marked trails go for ever. They come out by stafford. It goes from being a dirt road to tight technical trails with mud, rock crawls, small water crossings. Pretty awesome in there. Went there 10yrs ago for the first time. Stumbled across it one late night. Just got back into offroading few months ago and headed back down there again. Still as awesome as ever. Maybe better that its all marked now. Was in the for 2 hrs and never found the end. Ended up turning around was running out of time had somewhere to be. Wild like to check it out further with more jeeps. Not fun by yourself especially if something breaks or stuck

·
Registered
504 Posts
I'd be down to come out in wheel in a few weeks. I go to school in new haven and am looking for places to wheel. I need a place to really test out my new Aussie locker too!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
thanks MUDDY for that description, i live about 3 miles from the ellington airport and drive by that area a lot and never knew such a trail existed. i will for sure be checking it out come spring.

so if it goes towards stafford, the road must begin on the east side of Rt 83, the opposite side that the airport and tsi are located at, right? can the beginning be seen when i am on Rt 83? thanks, i'm looking forward to meeting some local jeepers.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'd be up for checking that out with others.

Unfortunately I got rid of my lifted Jeep and got a new one. A clean easel that is in need or tweaking. So far I only have new M/Ts on it. Looking to lift it this spring. Is the trail doable in a stock JK?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
only if you dont mind scratching ur paint and possibly running your skid on some rocks every now and again. trails get pretty tight and rocky... not boulders but good size rocks. have heard of people doing it in stock jeeps. know someone who brought a stock rubicon there did the trail but not all way. he wasnt a experienced wheeler though

·
Registered
301 Posts
If I was afraid of scratches then I bought the wrong vehicle. Lol
I'm always up for an easy to moderate trail if that's what it is. I'm no where's near ready for something crazy. Maybe after the lift and sliders.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha ok good to hear me either. We should get something going with a few of us locals to meet up and head in there.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'm totally up for that. Might even be able to bring a buddy with his TJ.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Weekends for now but when it gets lighter longer, then weekdays open up.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bump... we should plan something out to go do this trail.. who's in and what days and time work for you?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Weekends are best for me. Probably Sunday for me

·
Registered
301 Posts
MuddyTJ97 said:
Bump... we should plan something out to go do this trail.. who's in and what days and time work for you?
Weekends are best for now.
This weekend is open.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I'm up for it got my CJ pinstriped years ago LOL

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just to make sure everyone is clear I have not been to the end of this trail in about 8 yrs. just got back into offroading. Went to this road 2 weeks ago but didnt make it to the end. Ran out of time and had to turn around. But for the time I was in there it was awesome great time. Little sketchy being deep in he woods alone though. So i def wanna get a group together and complete the trail. 8 yrs ago I was there 3 times a week or more for hrs and hrs. So anyone who goes with me we will be exploring together.

Lets do this. Lets set it up

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm interested in a ride. I was down that road last month for the first time and had some fun but wasn't sure about the run-offs with signs posted so I just stayed on the main road.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts