Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went down a hill until I saw a posted sign then turned around. Plus it was getting dark so not much time to explore. Def gotta go back!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Actually I know what ur talking about how went that way too. There is a trail that goes left or straight down that hill. If u go left its yellow marked trail turns back to blue. It goes forever. Thats where it starts o get Rocky and tight.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Home sick looking at some topo maps on iPad. Gonna try to hit this trail from the other end and see where it takes me. Also found another trail I forgot about only a few streets down that's even longer. Could have the potential for some good offroading over there. May check it all sometime tomorrow both places.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I've seen the topo map you gotta stay on the road those trails on the left and right are hiking trails.Don't forget the land maybe posted but the use of the town road.

·
Registered
301 Posts
MuddyTJ97 said:
Home sick looking at some topo maps on iPad. Gonna try to hit this trail from the other end and see where it takes me. Also found another trail I forgot about only a few streets down that's even longer. Could have the potential for some good offroading over there. May check it all sometime tomorrow both places.
When you thinking about going?

·
Registered
301 Posts
So did you go out today?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Didn't do much of anything today. Still have this stomach bug. Probably going Tuesday mid morning to check out few places over there. I'll try to remember to take pics.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have done some ATVing around there. I just bought my first Jeep, a 2008 Rubicon. Would love to try some easy trails first because it is stock and I have only been off road on ATVs. Let me know when you are going. I live in Ellington.

·
Registered
301 Posts
MuddyTJ97 said:
Going tomorrow late morning.
Sam I have to work. How about this weekend? I'm clear for a Saturday or Sunday before the big game.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Tiki Dave said:
Sam I have to work. How about this weekend? I'm clear for a Saturday or Sunday before the big game.
Dam! I meant dam.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Porter rd itself is a bust. Only goes few thousand feet then ends at private property sign. The trails off it are tons of fun. They are also marked trails but not sure where they go. Shenipsit forest rd is blocked off at both ends as is porter off Webster. Anyone know bout the trails off porter? They go forever and get better and better. Saw someone in a orange jk on porter said rides his quad in there but not his jeep.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I checked it out tonight. Pretty cool! I didn't go far because I have never taken this Jeep off road and would like to do it with some others in case I get stuck. Would like to explore more if you go again.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I guess about 1/2 mile. It was dark and I saw a place to turn around and was afraid if I went farther I may not be able to turn around. I would like to try it in the daylight.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I'm guessing it was that big area where u can go left or right. Left keeps you on porter and right goes up a hill I believe. It's almost like a culdasac.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I don't think I made it that far. When I turned there was a trail over a large incline on my left.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
So heading in it was on your right, then u turned aroundnwnd it was on your left? If so I was up there cool little trail. Thatsvherebthey we're skidding logs the other day

21 - 40 of 68 Posts