Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
If either of you are going out this weekend to explore more and want company, let me know. I'm always up for some adventure.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Juse went to take some pics and blew my front axle u joint passenger side and everything holding it... perfect

·
Registered
161 Posts
Not lately, I am afraid with a stock Jeep and all the snow and rain. Would love to find something easy just for a day trip.

·
Registered
504 Posts
It's a bit far but up by Rhode Island there is some legal roads that were amazing

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
There is a really short couple mile long dirt road in somers about 5 mins from porter that is good for stock. I've been going there for 10yrs. I've even brought my brand new ram1500 in there. It's just a long straight dirt road with tons of mud. Road get washed out with rain and snow. Huge huge puddles. Ruts get real deep and the sides of the road get supper muddy. Bunch of trails off the sides of the road as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How did you get from porter to Hopkins on the trail?
there's a side trail on porter that will bring you out there also if you sneak past the pond you can pop out in the state forest. not fun to get out of there. never gone straight through porter though since they closed the road.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Green Road can get sloppy and full of ruts this time of year until the town comes thru and grades the road (they usually do that in early summer)....but I would not advise going off Green Road on either side, the owner of that land gets pretty ticked off if he sees a motorized anything on his land. If you see a red Chevy pickup truck pulled over to the side, that is usually his look-out.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Has anyone been in porter lately? Gotta be pretty messy in there with all this rain. Thinking about checking it jot after Christmas.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I went on 1-17-15 (before we got all this snow), and the entrance climb was like a glacier. I went a very little way in, but there was no way I was going to try the rest.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts