Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my fellow jeep peeps. We have and are getting copious amount of rain this week and next week. As responsible jeep owners, we must go play.

Go in a week or 2, let the water level drop a bit. Anyone down? Suggestions? Destination?

·
Super Moderator
14,874 Posts
Hello my fellow jeep peeps. We have and are getting copious amount of rain this week and next week. As responsible jeep owners, we must go play.

Go in a week or 2, let the water level drop a bit. Anyone down? Suggestions? Destination?
More rain next week, Wednesday and Thursday and we have a camp outing next weekend... But the following weekend is a possibility. Anyone else?

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
I could be down for that. Let me know the details.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Found a new (Stock, almost same color) fender to replace the boo-boo from our last outing, lets go see if I can keep from putting a wrinkle in it too!!!

·
Super Moderator
14,874 Posts
Found a new (Stock, almost same color) fender to replace the boo-boo from our last outing, lets go see if I can keep from putting a wrinkle in it too!!!
That's awesome Joe, kinda bummed we bent up your fender in the first place.

Wherever we go, we should be avoiding the river crossings if we get a lot more rain... Everything is already running pretty deep.

·
Registered
58 Posts
More rain means more wildlife and greenery...
Anyone know of any trails near Superstition or other mountains? (I know, weird question that we're in AZ)

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'll be doing Walnut Canyon with my EV Rockers group on the 28th. Easy trail but the best area for the Arizona wildflowers which should be particularly good this year plus I always seem to find a Gila Monster there.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'll be doing Walnut Canyon with my EV Rockers group on the 28th. Easy trail but the best area for the Arizona wildflowers which should be particularly good this year plus I always seem to find a Gila Monster there.
I joined EV and I'm on the wait list. Would love to tag along.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
perusing youtube for videos, im down.

what time and where is the meetup?

·
Super Moderator
14,874 Posts
16 signed up and 22 on the wait list... I think I'll have to find another trail...

·
Super Moderator
14,874 Posts
I concur. I'm down for doing a different trail this Saturday Suggestions?
I have 2 in mind... The first is Wickenburg Mountain Trail. It's 50+ miles and rated hard. But Log Corral is also rated hard for reference. And a bit of a drive to get there, but that doesn't bother me at all.

The other is one that I've been wanting to do for years... The elusive FR848. Up between Young and Payson off of FR200. The trail is there, but it's not on any maps. Beautiful mountain roads with water crossings and a short hike to a waterfall. Noted to be at least a "moderate" trail, but it's not publicized. I believe the trail is still maintained by Rim Country 4 Wheelers.

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have 2 in mind... The first is Wickenburg Mountain Trail. It's 50+ miles and rated hard. But Log Corral is also rated hard for reference. And a bit of a drive to get there, but that doesn't bother me at all.

The other is one that I've been wanting to do for years... The elusive FR848. Up between Young and Payson off of FR200. The trail is there, but it's not on any maps. Beautiful mountain roads with water crossings and a short hike to a waterfall. Noted to be at least a "moderate" trail, but it's not publicized. I believe the trail is still maintained by Rim Country 4 Wheelers.

Your thoughts?
If you do that trail and hike can you make a GPS trail for me? I use Gaia. I want to add more jeep/hike combo runs.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts

Your thoughts?
Found this Youtube of fr848, looks promising but it's too far out for me (about 2-3 hours one way) for a day trip. Something I'd make an over-nighter out of in the future though...

I'm for Wickenburg though if you decide to go that way.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Your thoughts?
I'm down for the wickenburg trail. Perused some youtube videos, looks lovely.

Found this Youtube of fr848, looks promising but it's too far out for me (about 2-3 hours one way) for a day trip. Something I'd make an over-nighter out of in the future though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-0ZPgRMBZU

I'm for Wickenburg though if you decide to go that way.
Trail looks gorgeous. I'm down for this too. Month or 2 when weather gets a little warm. Be a nice escape from the heat

If you do that trail and hike can you make a GPS trail for me? I use Gaia. I want to add more jeep/hike combo runs.
I just acquired a magellan trx7 cs off craigslist for $200. I've been wanting to play with it and make a trail with pics at waypoints. I kinda sorta know how to use it.

I reckon the executive decision has been made. Wickenburg mountian trials it is. Page 110 in the AZ trails book. 9 am at the shell station across from the Jones dealership?

·
Super Moderator
14,874 Posts
Ok, that looks like a go. Going to confirm with the CEO shortly, but all indications are good. 9am Shell in Wickenburg across from Jones.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Looks like I'll see you there.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts