Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stick shift wrangler has been having clutch issues since around 6,700 miles. It had the clutch replaced At 7500,13000,17000,30000 and again now at 50000 and I have a lawyer now to help me figure out the buy back. But I'm wondering how many others with our model have had issues. We need a class action lawsuit going.

image-3336893232.jpg

- All my parts are for sale(curved single row LED light bar, 35" tires, lift, etc.)

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Did you replace with mopar parts each time? If so that is why it keeps failing. There are are couple threads on the problem and one survey. It is a problem for most JKs, not just your version. My 2013 JKUR failed around 10K and Chrysler refused to fix it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
2015 clutch issues only 13k miles had problems from 2k miles been to the dealer several times and they keep telling me that there is nothing wrong but it chatters when warm when the clutch is not pressed in when pressed in the chatter stops. it pops out of gear at times sometimes will not go into gear and feels like the clutch is still engaged while accelerating. i feel your pain and i was told by the dealer that if anything the clutch is worn out and needs to be replaced and they quoted me 650$ to replace it but why is the clutch bad? i have not over worked it and i do not ride it and this was at 8k miles.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My jeep would make clicking noises when not pressing in the clutch and then the noises would stop when you push in the on the clutch. This issue happened 5 times in total. And they went about replacing the clutch kit along with a slew of other parts each time. And they would tell me thins like it was because of "mud on the fan" and even got me to cover one of the clutches . While under warranty . I got fed up by the 5th clutch(and well over a month in the shop for same issue) so I looked into the lemon lawyer and sure enough I had a case.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2015 clutch issues only 13k miles had problems from 2k miles been to the dealer several times and they keep telling me that there is nothing wrong but it chatters when warm when the clutch is not pressed in when pressed in the chatter stops. it pops out of gear at times sometimes will not go into gear and feels like the clutch is still engaged while accelerating. i feel your pain and i was told by the dealer that if anything the clutch is worn out and needs to be replaced and they quoted me 650$ to replace it but why is the clutch bad? i have not over worked it and i do not ride it and this was at 8k miles.
ride it out , but keep all your sales contracts from the dealer. And keep taking note of all problems . In my state of your vehicle is in the shop for 30 consecutive days for the same problem whilst under warranty its a lemon and the dealer has to buy back.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I don't remember my exact mileage but I'm between 25K and 30K miles. No major issues but it's not the best clutch I've ever had. I'm planning on using it until it fails and then upgrading when the time comes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts