Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
..., I have been saving my mod money for a possible new 2017 Jeep Pickup.
You'll have more time to save even more money.

The JL will not be out until the 2018 model year, and the rumors put the JT out at least a year beyond that, if not for the 2020 model year.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I will have to wait and actually see it in action so to speak. I fully plan to eventually get a pick up along with my Wrangler but it will be for actual use. I do a lot of home projects be them wood working or yard maintenance and I will need the truck to have a good sized bed for large pieces of lumber as well as the ability to haul a lot of weight. I have a feeling the Jeep pickup will be capable of road truck with decent carrying but nothing compared to the bigger work horses like the F150 and such.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

The JL will not be out until the 2018 model year, and the rumors put the JT out at least a year beyond that, if not for the 2020 model year.
2017 or 2018, what's one more year? I can wait a little longer. I'll be able to save even more money that way.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Doubtful. I got my Jeep paid off and don't plan on letting it go any time soon. Right tool for the right job. Since the Jeep is paid off, I got a F150. More towing capacity (for my boat) and a big truck bed for larger projects/hauls.

For anyone getting into a Jeep that also needs the utility of a small truck, it could be just the right option.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)

Unless I read it wrong the latest news says 2017 for the new pickups. In either case I'm going to seriously consider one. It will give me an opportunity to unload my 2014 F150 Limited and my 2012 Wrangler Sport on a trade. Nobody seems to want my 2014 Ecoboost Limited with only 6700 miles on it.

·
Registered
783 Posts
If they make a stripped 2-door I'll try one for work, we used to run a lot of Rangers now we have to buy f150s witch is really overkill for 1/2 the crew.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Not for me. As TJinSFL said my JKUR is paid for. I bought a Power Wagon a few years ago. Couldn't be happier with the pair.

·
Registered
723 Posts
If they make a stripped 2-door I'll try one for work, we used to run a lot of Rangers now we have to buy f150s witch is really overkill for 1/2 the crew.
If anyone sells a real ncompact pickup I'll buy one. It must be under 200 inches long like my S-10 or Tacoma Regular cabs. The only reason I have a Wrangler is because no one sells small Pickups anymore. I don't even care what brand it is.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Nope, not even a little. I sold my 1500 when I bought my latest Wrangler, and while I have wished I had it back a couple times, a Wrangler based pickup would not have worked anyway. It would actually be less useful than a JKU for me. I can't think of anything I would want to haul that would fit in the bed of one that I can't just carry in the back of my Wrangler.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm definitely interested and the timing will be right for replacing my current rig, but I'll need to see it before I commit. Too much opportunity for them to screw the pooch on the final product/price to commit now!

·
Premium Member
9,564 Posts
Nope, if I need a pickup again I'll get one of these:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
4 door maybe. Now if they started selling these I'd be all over it (but would need different tires):)

This rig might change my mind.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts